RMNP tour

Barb

Went back into the park today. The access road to the area we were going just reopened late yesterday afternoon due to Wednesday’s storm. It was a gorgeous day and we arrived about 10:30 to sunny skies and no wind.

The skin up started mellow then got steep. I am still figuring out the best way to go about things and on a particularly steep section I started to slide backwards a bit. Thought I would have more traction if I put one ski into the powder and get it out of the skin track. That was a huge mistake. I then tried to get it back on the track but it seemed harder to do then it should have been. Since my heel was loose whenever I lifted my ski the nose just stayed in the foot of powder. Here is a picture of how ridiculous this was.

f2adaa6cc5a2ade85a536786d7764a69.jpg

Overall a great day and I have a lot to learn with the transitions/etc.

b04c79b59ca07b16124ef76cd9260450.jpg

f886bf570cf433360661c17f19ec3cad.jpg

ea213fa1af2173ab9c7584c0bf27eff5.jpg

5a5ceaad0a3be026e7ff11966daf3f77.jpg

A well deserved lunch in town after.

430ddc6f9eacd66a94b7fc92e95050e4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Yes Doug, blonde with unicorn head. Lol. I finished half the fries. Only had some Ezekiel bread w peanut butter for breakfast so I was hungry. That burger was lunch and dinner.

And it was a beef burger. Too hungry for a veggie burger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Beautiful pictures. You must be pretty tough to even try this....and all the guys can think about is what’s for lunch and the blonde with the horse head🙄

Please, don't say 'all the guys' when the only idiot that said that was Doug. 

• Like 2

No action shots as I was in front of Shannon. She is just learning to ski and I give her a lot of credit for basically learning this way. It wasn’t pretty.  I still feel like my form goes to hell in powder. I have to learn just to trust the skis and let them run.  I must say the Zelda’s felt good though!  Skied the powder much better then my other ones. 

Edited by Barb
Spelling
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Barb said:

No action shots as I was in front of Shannon. She is just learning to ski and I give her a lot of credit for basically learning this way. It wasn’t pretty.  I still feel like my form goes to hell in powder. I have to learn just to trust the skis and let them run.  I must say the Zelda’s felt good though!  Skied the powder much better then my other ones. 

Just look at pictures of Atomic Jeff and do what he does. 

• Haha 1

28dfa12ab656d1e856282205ed830f79.jpg

The area we went to in the park was formerly a ski area, closed in the early 90’s. Found an old trail map. We were in the area I circled but have no idea which ‘Trail’ we took down. Will have to pay more attention next time.

• Like 8

3f38942d9fbae15832a69375a047df88.jpg

Ordered this backpack. Decided to get a snow specific pack that fits all the avy gear properly. Have a shovel and beacon on order and found a used probe at a local shop. Can’t wait till all my stuff is in and I go out again!

77190f066fff35887626765b5511c2aa.jpg
Also picked up this book. Lots of good spots in the park when I get more comfortable.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Barb said:

3f38942d9fbae15832a69375a047df88.jpg

Ordered this backpack. Decided to get a snow specific pack that fits all the avy gear properly. Have a shovel and beacon on order and found a used probe at a local shop. Can’t wait till all my stuff is in and I go out again!

77190f066fff35887626765b5511c2aa.jpg
Also picked up this book. Lots of good spots in the park when I get more comfortable.

Just living the dream!

• Haha 1