Blue Mountain 3/16/2019

Mixilplix

Thanks for starting the report mixilplix.  I was not surprised at the hard snow to start.  I called it in TNTs thread but when I went back out after a few beers the snow was dynamite and I got to sample the Bump course.  Full report to follow in a little bit. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

The amount of PASRs and familiar faces in the house deserves its own post. In the house were Johnny Law, JFBBDan, Atomic Jeff, Schifdawg, MBike Mike, Toast, Enjorales Nastar Glenn, Bethlehem Ford Guy, Slim, Indiggio, Gary, gahSkier George, GSSucks, TheRealKT, Ty, Tys brother, Tys Dad, A fish called Wanda, Gary, Gary, Kevin and many others.   

To be continued. 

First civilian chair with Toast, Atomic Jeff, JFDan, Schifdawg and Johnny Law. Some did razors to taint to falls. I did challenge. Snow was firm rattling kind of snow.  Lazy and paradise were better with a few nicer sections in the sun. Sidewinder was rough. Crowds were light..absolutely no lift lines and when we already had a full six pack anothe tried to join us. 

It was around 40 degrees most of the morning under mostly cloudy to partly sunny sky’s..a few snow showers as well which likely dropped temperatures back into the 30s for a bit before the sun took over and warmed things up. Challenge started getting better and better..so I skied that the most..there was still fresh cord after 915am woo cause it was frozen so solid. 

Skied till about 9:45..was in the lot a solid 3 hours..tons of fun..bounced around chatted with Nastar Glenn and some of his sons homeys and GSSucks crew was a little buzzed so did the smart thing and put my boots back on and returned to the snow around 1. Was a different world out there more casual skiers and riders and hero snow.  Skied razors to Razorback which was so good so good which is what some say when singing sweet Caroline.  She was a fucking slut.  Got the green light to ski a run on Bump course.  It was real nice I held my line just fine on my 115 kastles and did a spread eagle on the jump was about the fifth or sixth time I got air today with a few more mini airs later after the jump maybe 4-5 more bumps you could straight line.  Said wazup to indiggio for a second then went back to six pack.  

I then went to switchback which was money..smooth hero snow..then sidewinder which was hero snow a little chop to Hollywood through on last pitch for the people above..falls was nice as well. Did that one more time and then bounced.  Was fun and tomorrow should be similar except for more food and drink.  JADIP

• Like 5

I would have liked to have stay longer but I had to meet my tax guy...plus I'm remodeling my basement and needed to get some stuff done..

Was cool meeting some of you guys but I really don't know who I met...I don't recall any names thrown around or maybe I just spaced on them..

I got a pair of never worn Burton pipe gloves if somebody wants them...size XL...Burton sent them to me by mistake....

Free to a good home..but give me a good reason why you need them...I"m gonna try to get up there tomorrow...

pipe glove.jpg

11 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

Was cool meeting some of you guys but I really don't know who I met...I don't recall any names thrown around or maybe I just spaced on them.

I know that feeling. I met like 15 PASRs all at once on opening day 2017 at Blue Mountain the True Mountain and I was like uhhh I don't remember anyone's names, except Steeze because he's Steeze and Enjoralas because I rode the Burma lift with him.

Edited by saltyant

So I nearly met you guys.

Was about 10 chairs behind you when you tried to load seven on the six pack.  Was that Saltyant who stepped aside and rode alone behind you?  Don't really know who I recognized, but definitely was sure it was at least a few I've seen ics of.  Figured, this is it!  Finally going to say hello after all these years....

Put the hammer down, maybe gained a chair or two.  Couldn't really think of anything to yell - like "hey, you guys up there!  I know you from the internet!"  Ha....but what if I was wrong?!?!?!  Thought maybe you guys would stop to chat at the top, but off again trying to catch you - I think blazed down challenge again, maybe razors...or maybe it was the other way around...but anyway, lost some time on you that run, then, third time in, my ticket wouldn't scan and I had to chat with the lift in tie dye.  

And just like that, the dream was over.  Another day at Blue - maybe a season, without saying hello.

I was speaking with one woman on the lift later, and she was talking about how she lives 4 miles from blue, and tailgates with people she met years ago....I was thinking...maybe ...so I referenced the PASAR and she looked at me like I was a leper.  She said she hangs with the old transformer crowd.  Something about a parking spot near the transformer.  She was super friendly.

On the way out, saw two large tailgates but didn't recognize any jackets from the morning encounter.  But sounds like that might have been you guys.

Early runs were bone chattering - GSS called it.  Got better around 11 and was down right fun after 12.

Have a good party tomorrow.  See you next year?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mixilplix said:

I would have liked to have stay longer but I had to meet my tax guy...plus I'm remodeling my basement and needed to get some stuff done..

Was cool meeting some of you guys but I really don't know who I met...I don't recall any names thrown around or maybe I just spaced on them..

I got a pair of never worn Burton pipe gloves if somebody wants them...size XL...Burton sent them to me by mistake....

Free to a good home..but give me a good reason why you need them...I"m gonna try to get up there tomorrow...

pipe glove.jpg

I know how you feel. I’ve met tons of people there past year. It’s hard to remember everyone’s name, especially if they don’t ride with me routinely. 

2 hours ago, tnt said:

So I nearly met you guys.

Was about 10 chairs behind you when you tried to load seven on the six pack.  Was that Saltyant who stepped aside and rode alone behind you?  Don't really know who I recognized, but definitely was sure it was at least a few I've seen ics of.  Figured, this is it!  Finally going to say hello after all these years....

Put the hammer down, maybe gained a chair or two.  Couldn't really think of anything to yell - like "hey, you guys up there!  I know you from the internet!"  Ha....but what if I was wrong?!?!?!  Thought maybe you guys would stop to chat at the top, but off again trying to catch you - I think blazed down challenge again, maybe razors...or maybe it was the other way around...but anyway, lost some time on you that run, then, third time in, my ticket wouldn't scan and I had to chat with the lift in tie dye.  

And just like that, the dream was over.  Another day at Blue - maybe a season, without saying hello.

I was speaking with one woman on the lift later, and she was talking about how she lives 4 miles from blue, and tailgates with people she met years ago....I was thinking...maybe ...so I referenced the PASAR and she looked at me like I was a leper.  She said she hangs with the old transformer crowd.  Something about a parking spot near the transformer.  She was super friendly.

On the way out, saw two large tailgates but didn't recognize any jackets from the morning encounter.  But sounds like that might have been you guys.

Early runs were bone chattering - GSS called it.  Got better around 11 and was down right fun after 12.

Have a good party tomorrow.  See you next year?

I have a pink and a purple helmet, two separate not one multi color. I normally dress in pretty bright colors. I have a beard, just yell johnny law or something.

If you ever see me just say hi......also we didnt try to put 7 on, some zincy with the biggest gaper gap tried to hop on so he could be with the cool kids. 

Transformer crew is cool but they aint having creme brule tomorrow. PASR does it legit.

Mili

I was dressed in purple and had a Miki is a babe hat, I said hop out and say hi 

Edited by Johnny Law
  • Like 2