Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mixilplix

Blue Mountain 3/16/2019

Recommended Posts

Definitely got better later in the session.  The first couple runs were just so solid.  

I got my limited quantity Epic Pass today.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Definitely got better later in the session.  The first couple runs were just so solid.  

I got my limited quantity Epic Pass today.  

EPIC!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for starting the report mixilplix.  I was not surprised at the hard snow to start.  I called it in TNTs thread but when I went back out after a few beers the snow was dynamite and I got to sample the Bump course.  Full report to follow in a little bit. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The amount of PASRs and familiar faces in the house deserves its own post. In the house were Johnny Law, JFBBDan, Atomic Jeff, Schifdawg, MBike Mike, Toast, Enjorales Nastar Glenn, Bethlehem Ford Guy, Slim, Indiggio, Gary, gahSkier George, GSSucks, TheRealKT, Ty, Tys brother, Tys Dad, A fish called Wanda, Gary, Gary, Kevin and many others.   

 

 

To be continued. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once Toast left it started to get nice.  Challenge and NMDW were pretty damn smooth.  Could really put the hammer down.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My last two runs were Lazy then Switchback, and they were both magic. Schif can testify. Honestly, didn’t have a problem with the conditions all day. It started out hard, but held an edge. Was just easier to trust it as it warmed up a little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First civilian chair with Toast, Atomic Jeff, JFDan, Schifdawg and Johnny Law. Some did razors to taint to falls. I did challenge. Snow was firm rattling kind of snow.  Lazy and paradise were better with a few nicer sections in the sun. Sidewinder was rough. Crowds were light..absolutely no lift lines and when we already had a full six pack anothe tried to join us. 

 

It was around 40 degrees most of the morning under mostly cloudy to partly sunny sky’s..a few snow showers as well which likely dropped temperatures back into the 30s for a bit before the sun took over and warmed things up. Challenge started getting better and better..so I skied that the most..there was still fresh cord after 915am woo cause it was frozen so solid. 

 

Skied till about 9:45..was in the lot a solid 3 hours..tons of fun..bounced around chatted with Nastar Glenn and some of his sons homeys and GSSucks crew was a little buzzed so did the smart thing and put my boots back on and returned to the snow around 1. Was a different world out there more casual skiers and riders and hero snow.  Skied razors to Razorback which was so good so good which is what some say when singing sweet Caroline.  She was a fucking slut.  Got the green light to ski a run on Bump course.  It was real nice I held my line just fine on my 115 kastles and did a spread eagle on the jump was about the fifth or sixth time I got air today with a few more mini airs later after the jump maybe 4-5 more bumps you could straight line.  Said wazup to indiggio for a second then went back to six pack.  

 

I then went to switchback which was money..smooth hero snow..then sidewinder which was hero snow a little chop to Hollywood through on last pitch for the people above..falls was nice as well. Did that one more time and then bounced.  Was fun and tomorrow should be similar except for more food and drink.  JADIP

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AtomicSkier said:

Once Toast left it started to get nice.  Challenge and NMDW were pretty damn smooth.  Could really put the hammer down.

Probably 10/10 boner doner like those evening sessions 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Probably 10/10 boner doner like those evening sessions 🙄

Not nearly that good.  

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have liked to have stay longer but I had to meet my tax guy...plus I'm remodeling my basement and needed to get some stuff done..

Was cool meeting some of you guys but I really don't know who I met...I don't recall any names thrown around or maybe I just spaced on them..

I got a pair of never worn Burton pipe gloves if somebody wants them...size XL...Burton sent them to me by mistake....

Free to a good home..but give me a good reason why you need them...I"m gonna try to get up there tomorrow...

 

 

pipe glove.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

Was cool meeting some of you guys but I really don't know who I met...I don't recall any names thrown around or maybe I just spaced on them.

I know that feeling. I met like 15 PASRs all at once on opening day 2017 at Blue Mountain the True Mountain and I was like uhhh I don't remember anyone's names, except Steeze because he's Steeze and Enjoralas because I rode the Burma lift with him.

Edited by saltyant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I nearly met you guys.

Was about 10 chairs behind you when you tried to load seven on the six pack.  Was that Saltyant who stepped aside and rode alone behind you?  Don't really know who I recognized, but definitely was sure it was at least a few I've seen ics of.  Figured, this is it!  Finally going to say hello after all these years....

Put the hammer down, maybe gained a chair or two.  Couldn't really think of anything to yell - like "hey, you guys up there!  I know you from the internet!"  Ha....but what if I was wrong?!?!?!  Thought maybe you guys would stop to chat at the top, but off again trying to catch you - I think blazed down challenge again, maybe razors...or maybe it was the other way around...but anyway, lost some time on you that run, then, third time in, my ticket wouldn't scan and I had to chat with the lift in tie dye.  

 

And just like that, the dream was over.  Another day at Blue - maybe a season, without saying hello.

I was speaking with one woman on the lift later, and she was talking about how she lives 4 miles from blue, and tailgates with people she met years ago....I was thinking...maybe ...so I referenced the PASAR and she looked at me like I was a leper.  She said she hangs with the old transformer crowd.  Something about a parking spot near the transformer.  She was super friendly.

On the way out, saw two large tailgates but didn't recognize any jackets from the morning encounter.  But sounds like that might have been you guys.

 

Early runs were bone chattering - GSS called it.  Got better around 11 and was down right fun after 12.

 

Have a good party tomorrow.  See you next year?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasnt me, I didnt go today. Good guess though, I get booted from the group if I'm with 6 other PASRs to board the six pack.

Edited by saltyant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Didnt feel like it and saving my energy for the big party tomorrow.

This is great! 

What are you bringing?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

This is great! 

What are you bringing?

Uhhh what do you guys need? I'll bring money..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Uhhh what do you guys need? I'll bring money..

Fruit by the foot. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Fruit by the foot. 

Ok I just put a box in my Sonic. My response should have been that I'm bringing myself, isnt that enough??

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, saltyant said:

Ok I just put a box in my Sonic. My response should have been that I'm bringing myself, isnt that enough??

No, that’s a negative. You need to bring something to get back to neutral. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mixilplix said:

I would have liked to have stay longer but I had to meet my tax guy...plus I'm remodeling my basement and needed to get some stuff done..

Was cool meeting some of you guys but I really don't know who I met...I don't recall any names thrown around or maybe I just spaced on them..

I got a pair of never worn Burton pipe gloves if somebody wants them...size XL...Burton sent them to me by mistake....

Free to a good home..but give me a good reason why you need them...I"m gonna try to get up there tomorrow...

 

 

pipe glove.jpg

I know how you feel. I’ve met tons of people there past year. It’s hard to remember everyone’s name, especially if they don’t ride with me routinely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tnt said:

So I nearly met you guys.

Was about 10 chairs behind you when you tried to load seven on the six pack.  Was that Saltyant who stepped aside and rode alone behind you?  Don't really know who I recognized, but definitely was sure it was at least a few I've seen ics of.  Figured, this is it!  Finally going to say hello after all these years....

Put the hammer down, maybe gained a chair or two.  Couldn't really think of anything to yell - like "hey, you guys up there!  I know you from the internet!"  Ha....but what if I was wrong?!?!?!  Thought maybe you guys would stop to chat at the top, but off again trying to catch you - I think blazed down challenge again, maybe razors...or maybe it was the other way around...but anyway, lost some time on you that run, then, third time in, my ticket wouldn't scan and I had to chat with the lift in tie dye.  

 

And just like that, the dream was over.  Another day at Blue - maybe a season, without saying hello.

I was speaking with one woman on the lift later, and she was talking about how she lives 4 miles from blue, and tailgates with people she met years ago....I was thinking...maybe ...so I referenced the PASAR and she looked at me like I was a leper.  She said she hangs with the old transformer crowd.  Something about a parking spot near the transformer.  She was super friendly.

On the way out, saw two large tailgates but didn't recognize any jackets from the morning encounter.  But sounds like that might have been you guys.

 

Early runs were bone chattering - GSS called it.  Got better around 11 and was down right fun after 12.

 

Have a good party tomorrow.  See you next year?

 

I have a pink and a purple helmet, two separate not one multi color. I normally dress in pretty bright colors. I have a beard, just yell johnny law or something.

If you ever see me just say hi......also we didnt try to put 7 on, some zincy with the biggest gaper gap tried to hop on so he could be with the cool kids. 

Transformer crew is cool but they aint having creme brule tomorrow. PASR does it legit.

Mili

I was dressed in purple and had a Miki is a babe hat, I said hop out and say hi 

Edited by Johnny Law
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...