Whitetail awesome on closing day 3-17

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Wow, easily the best day of PA skiing I have had this season. Cant believe my daughter Amy made it down this without a spill and went back for a second go on it - wall to wall large soft natural bumps - along with 15 other runs. She love the mashed potatoes and it was a blast.

No lines. Nicest lodge facilities of any place in PA (better even than Bear Creek or Big Bear, and this pla e also has terrain worth skiing). Super nice people with a southern feel. Great views. Bluebird afternoon. Well worth checking out. Will post more shots later.

20190317_164505.jpg

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 8

Took 2:50 from Jenkintown to get there, so about Elk distance. A plus in the event of snowy conditions is that the drive there was completely flat.  Truly driving through nowheresville farm country with large mounds of what smelled like manure fertilizer as we neared it. 

We did not wait in a single lift line. Oddly, for the first hour, at least the main lift had nobody outside the booth to even scan our pass. 

They had a cool lift for the green stuff (which we rode once for a free ice cream giveaway event, but then skipped ice cream due to line) which had you stand on a moving carpet going almost as fast as the fixed grip lift when boarding.

It is nice that they have sep lifts servicing the green, blue and black stuff - though the blue lift is the longest vertical and only high speed one

17 hours ago, rgrwilco said:

Whitetail looks fun. It’s on peak pass so I’m planning a southern pa day next winter. Whitetail morning,Roundtop noon, liberty until evening, then hoof it home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

definetely do a TR.  i never knew until recently roundtop is actually closer to where i grew up than blue is.  never would have thought about driving west in pa to ski