3/19/19 Sunny

RootDKJ

3 minutes ago, Schif said:

There's a waffle cabin at the summit? 

There was until last year. They said they took it out because of logistics. It was down towards the patio of Slopeside, but on the snow, window facing uphill. So when a line formed it messed up the flow on and off the snow pretty good.

planning to head up after work. Don’t ski all the snow off, @RootDKJ!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Does GSSSucks say you only ski 1 hour per session or something??

26 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yup

I used to give Doug shit for it all the time as well,

then I started doing 3 hour sessions and realized why he does it. 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

I used to give Doug shit for it all the time as well,

then I started doing 3 hour sessions and realized why he does it. 

When I was a teenager I’d usually ski 8 hour sessions...first two hours on a weekend before crowds are bad is fine for me.  Night skiing anything over 5 runs is a nice bonus...some days when it’s good I say just one more run many times...I’m most likely to end my session at Blue because I’m had my fill, am bored or I want to drink beer. Out west it’s usually because I’m tired or all the perder is tracked out. 

4 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

If you want to ski 30 minutes, great. If you want to ski 12 hours, great. Measuring the length of your session is like measuring the length of your junk. Nobody cares, but its great that you got a chance to get after it. 

The GSSucks crew always hates when I’m debooting at 945 but they’re there like once a week tops and never for opening. They also don’t have Enjorales in their crew. 

The issue though is stats. Stats are everything. Without stats where would we be? Skiing without purpose. If you ski 1 or 2 runs and quit, the philosophical question is should that be logged as a full session for stats purposes? Or should the stats program be modified to allow for half or even quarter sessions? Stats are life. This change would give me a better shot at earning the number one stats spot for the ski season, which means everything to me.

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

The issue though is stats. Stats are everything. Without stats where would we be? Skiing without purpose. If you ski 1 or 2 runs and quit, the philosophical question is should that be logged as a full session for stats purposes? Or should the stats program be modified to allow for half or even quarter sessions? Stats are life. This change would give me a better shot at earning the number one stats spot for the ski season, which means everything to me.

I took my 5 year old down the lower third of valley school (first carpet segment) 7 times last night and went home.

still counting it as a day.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, saltyant said:

That’s not gonna happen with Moe Ghoul skiing everyday and you did a lousy job keeping track of stats this season. Ding ding ding Freshman!!!

• Sad 1

Yeah, I'll agree with Salty and will even sign a petition.

The stats are fake unless they measure the actual hours on snow.

It's fine to say that you're above stats in general and don't log them at all, but if you do, at least make it fair.

• Love 1