Gore 3/21-23

Mess

After all of the questions and advice, we decided to go to Gore this week,  Looks like weather good overall with expected 1-3 inches on Thursday night and Friday 1-3 inches.  Wednesday might be a little messy.  Found a decent deal at Wyndam Lake George and the lift tickets were very reasonable for 3 day ticket.  Looking forward to exploring this mountain.  If we like it we will probably go again next year since 4th graders ski for free in New York.

• Like 3

Gore's a great mountain when the conditions are good. About the only place you will see a line is at the gondola and the line moves fast. Make sure to make it to Burnt Ridge. Sagamore's one of my favorite trails there. Hopefully they won't have Echo closed for racing. 46er at the Ski Bowl is good with new snow as well and never crowded over there. There's a lot of traverses getting around but once you know where they are and when to keep your speed up you can manage pretty well.  Saturday you may want to go to the Ski Bowl lodge. it's never crowded and you can park close. Pipeline can be a long traverse getting back at the end of the day if the snow is slow.

• Like 1

Might be a dumb question but is mountain high enough that could have snow at summit with rain at base.  Happened 1 time i was at Killington on Skyeship gondola it was Misty at bottom of mountain and wasn't we broke through the clouds/fog sunny on top half.

16 minutes ago, Mess said:

Might be a dumb question but is mountain high enough that could have snow at summit with rain at base.  Happened 1 time i was at Killington on Skyeship gondola it was Misty at bottom of mountain and wasn't we broke through the clouds/fog sunny on top half.

Yes. It has happened at Blue before.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mess said:

I had that happen at Gore last year. Also, if it's raining in Lake George it doesn't mean it's raining at Gore.

32 minutes ago, Mess said:

Sure that’s possible anywhere it depends on the layers of the atmosphere.  It’s also possible to rain at the summit and freezing rain at the base. 

Awesome day. Skied from 8:45-3:30. Really fun mountain. Son loved riding gondola for first time. Pretty good conditions although some big slush/ice spots on certain trails. A few trails were fast hard back and some were groomed perfect. A lot of varied conditions. Mash potatoes towArd end of day. Mountain was empty except for a few people and would have been even less people except there was a race. Talked to a lady with a BMR coat on. Her daughter was racing. Spent most of day on intermediate trails. Sleeping bear was the run of the day(snow was groomed perfectly with no ice). The only diamonds that I did were Fairview and Uncas. Not to challenging but a little technical with icy spots. I really liked the mountain and look forward to 10 inches of snow tonight/tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Arrived at Gore around 9:15. Ride from Lake George was a little dicey with the snow but not horrible. Saw a fender bender and got delayed by a tow truck flipping over and towing away a Subaru that was stuck in a ditch.
Mountain was pretty empty again. Got at least 4 inches with more snow at the top of gondola. Continued to snow on the upper half the entire day. Might have been the best skiing that I have experienced. Tons of untouched powder and then choppy but fun snow on most trails as day progressed. Spent most of the day on the intermediate trails next to saddle lodge. Really enjoyed powder pass today. Lots of soft bumps and challenging for all of us. Awesome day and legs are burning. Last run was interesting we started in a nice snow storm and great conditions but about 2/3rd way down it got slushy and we could see bAre spots. It was rAining at the lodge. Hoping for another good day tomorrow it we got spoiled today.
64294c58625ec542fbfd417cedb0e6ed.jpged812e09969c69dd380820742f47c62e.jpg7a4b740004770f9c3577a0d0667b85d4.jpgd1bd05e056dc3ff1736fe3c559994c0e.jpg4715903c0bcc1d1b1a467481b2b23199.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8