3/20/19 -- A few runs on my way to the pass

enjoralas

First run was NightWeaver, straight mashed potatoes, significantly cut up,  minor piles, very skiable. Oof, underestimated the toll 7 tiny runs managing my 5 year old left on my legs from Monday. Not gonna be too many trips down tonight. 

Next was Lazy to Falls. More potatoes,  fun run. Dead here. Riding the 6 solo. 

20190320_184249.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Another solo ride on a 6-pack, and time for Switchback. A couple guys dropped in as I stopped to take a picture.

20190320_185058.jpg

The snow was nice, and I took my 2nd favorite line down switch. That is, hugging skiers right all the way to the bottom. Stopped one more time for a picture.

20190320_185231.jpg

It's always nice when it's just you and the geese. Welcome back guys.

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sun is starting to go down, so figured before it firms up it's time for a shave. Headed over to Razors. Doesn't look too badd from the top lip.

20190320_190244.jpg

A little bumpy down that 1st head wall but not too bad all the way to the bottom after that. Back on the 6 pack once again have the whole couch to myself

20190320_190358.jpg

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Took Sidewinder down and decided to ski the bottom of lazy mile off of that, 1st time I've ever made that move. Sidewinder was nice, in about the same condition as all of the other trails.Maybe a little more cut up than most.

20190320_191507.jpg

Had a few mandatory pops of air wasn't expecting but handled it just fine.

Decided to jump on the Burma chair, and wouldn't you know it I'm sharing my 1st lift ride of the night, as some Jerry jumped in with me. Just kidding I'm by myself of course.

20190320_192348.jpg

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

When one finds mashed potatoes all over the mountain, one does what any self-respecting PASR would do. No, Doug, not stick my peen in them; I said *self-respecting*. I headed over to the vaunted Widowmaker in search of the blower pow that surely awaits there.

Only about shin deep, not up to usual WM standards, but it's tough to be too upset by that considering it's mid-March and was 55 degrees today.

20190320_192925.jpg

Widow actually did have the smoothest batch of taters on the hill so cruised down that with some speed and noticed it was really starting to crust/firm up. Man, that happens quick. Dropped right into Midway down to Lower Main expecting to suddenly be in a minefield of push piles at any moment, but it never really came. In fact, the were both almost as smooth as Widow. If I had the time and the legs, Main St would have been the run to repeat.

I don't though, so off to the lodge, secured the new pass. The cashier reminded me to redeem my buddy pass by closing day on 3/31. You're my boy, Blue.

See yinz this weekend for Sweet Treat Saturday

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

Spring skiing and tailgating is fun. I was a little sad today out in the parking lot. No buses, no one on the hill. I wonder if they’ll be open during the week next week. 

Looks colder next week so maybe...but as I said to somebody Tuesday night, they aren’t making money anymore...maybe a little this weekend. 

• Like 1