BC 3/20

RyGuy19

So Carinthia has me craving parks now so I figured I’d hit bear since I’ve seen on their IG this boxzilla. Had no idea what to expect. Conditions were typical spring. Not all too bad. Entire mountain still has covering. Only one real park set up through cascade. They have a decent jump set up at the start. Then you run into the boxzilla. My first chair ride up I saw skiers ride this thing leaning all the way back. Let’s just say it’s pretty hard. Got to like the second rail and bailed off. Overall not a bad end of season run to bear considering how close it is 

9A738F8F-A276-4792-A376-26BF5FA0B2E0.jpeg

4D1E0D3B-4604-4509-8DB6-6272A9CEF4C3.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...
1 hour ago, EdBacon said:

Bear Creek has been posting more park content than I've seen in at least ten years. New Parks at BC Insta handle and I've noticed a bunch of BB regulars have moved other there. 

Not surprising. We talked about this in the blue thread in regards to them making nightmare/dreamweaver into a park. I think the surrounding resorts are seeing the train wreck that’s a Vail owned JFBB and jumping on the opportunity to showcase what they’ve got to try and reel in some extra sales. 

bear’s park has always been decent. Once Tom left for beaver creek it struggled for a year or so but it’s gradually been making its way back. They’re limited by management on what they can build which is why the tubing jump line has been sub 40 footers the last few seasons. 

• Like 3