friday storm...all rain, or some snow?....

tnt

Forecast for Blue indicates rain, but my rookie reading of the GFS model suggests it might turn into snow Friday night into Satruday. 

You guys understand the intricasies of the Blue Micro Climate way better than any crude forecasting tools, so....what say you?  Fresh snow on the ground Saturday?

Maybe a few snow showers on the backend not accumulating as snow isn’t gonna stick after the 3-4” of rain that falls between now and then.  If you want snow hightail it up to northern Vermont. 2 feet plus possible up there with this bomb cyclone.  Winds will likely cause lift holds Saturday from the pocono to Maine.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tnt said:

Bummer. 

Might drive to the catskills. 

On Sunday Plattekill is giving free lift tix to anyone with a current season pass to another mt - though if you want to use Blue pass I suggest bringing receipt as there is no year listed on pass. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

On Sunday Plattekill is giving free lift tix to anyone with a current season pass to another mt - though if you want to use Blue pass I suggest bringing receipt as there is no year listed on pass. 

Plattekill would be the place to be, but it's too far - have a thing saturday night, so need to be back not eh early side.   Can't ski sunday.

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

If The Beagles would play some Iron Maiden or Killswitch Engage that would be epic. 

Fo Sheezy...they play music that 70 year olds like. I still don’t understand why they aren’t named the Pomeranians or the Cockapoos 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Is all your music only oldies or do you play some modern songs???  

In 6 days we are performing 12 original tunes at Havana in New Hope. Performing original material is our main priority. But doing these tribute shows gets our name out there and makes more people aware of us, and is fun. In terms of more recent covers, we have recently  done:

Shallow (Lady Gaga & Brad Cooper)

Heartbeat (Carrie Underwood)

Take Your Time (Sam Hunt)

Four Five Seconds (Rihanna & Kanye)

Down By The Water (Decemberists)

Perfect Duet (Ed Sheeran & Beyonce)

But those covers are most often with other singers. If something was written in Vanessa's life time, it is generally beneath her to cover it. She made an exception for Four Five Seconds.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

3 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

In 6 days we are performing 12 original tunes at Havana in New Hope. Performing original material is our main priority. But doing these tribute shows gets our name out there and makes more people aware of us, and is fun. In terms of more recent covers, we have recently  done:

Shallow (Lady Gaga & Brad Cooper)

Heartbeat (Carrie Underwood)

Take Your Time (Sam Hunt)

Four Five Seconds (Rihanna & Kanye)

Down By The Water (Decemberists)

Perfect Duet (Ed Sheeran & Beyonce)

But those covers are all with other singers. If something was written in Vanessa's life time, it is generally beneath her to cover it. 

Vanessa sounds like an old soul. My friend Steph who’s 30 is like that. Loves Bob Dylan and George Harrison..me I listen to the Trap music that 20 year olds listen to.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Is all your music only oldies or do you play some modern songs???  

Nice job and well done...

Cool guitar too.

Not trying to be a jerk, but I'd think about giving the easel with the billboard for the CD and the tee shirts a rest.  You guys are a good band, and its fun to watch good musicians do their thing.  But if I were at a live show of yours, I'd get annoyed if every time I looked up at the stage I saw an advertisement staring back at me.  You guys don't need that. 

FWIW, YMMV....

4 minutes ago, tnt said:

Cool guitar too.

Not trying to be a jerk, but I'd think about giving the easel with the billboard for the CD and the tee shirts a rest.  You guys are a good band, and its fun to watch good musicians do their thing.  But if I were at a live show of yours, I'd get annoyed if every time I looked up at the stage I saw an advertisement staring back at me.  You guys don't need that. 

FWIW, YMMV....

Thanks. Easel is actually a brand new touch. Thing is we often play places at big public outdoor events where people just pass by and hear us and listen for a bit, and unless we announce who we are between songs, nobody would know who we are or how to find us. And having a sign is less disruptive than announcing between songs. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

10 minutes ago, tnt said:

Cool guitar too.

FWIW, YMMV....

You don’t understand it’s all about that Merch..you make a little Johnny cash selling the t shirt and CDs but then when somebody wears a Beagles T-shirt they’re a walking ad...I’ve been following the Beagles rise since 2017 and it’s not just about the music it’s a way of Lyfe!!!

• Like 1