friday storm...all rain, or some snow?....

tnt

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice have fun at Platekill..post a report and take pictures!!!  Your whitetail report was your best one yet!!!

Dont know that I will make it there tomorrow. I am performing late tonight and likely wont get home before 1230 am at the earliest, which is not real consistent with skiing 3.5 hrs away tomorrow - especially as I am typically too revved up after performing to fall asleep quickly Just giving a heads up for those who can make it.

Given my schedule, a late arrival at Blue once it softens up to get some runs in before pass holders party seems more likely, but we shall see. 

Or if Frost gets snow more than rain maybe head there.

Could get sloppy seconds at Plattekill Sunday when they conveniently allow other mountains pass holders to ski free.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Thanks 1

We got a few inches of VERY heavy, wet snow here in central VT that eventually turned to rain. (Oh, and the rain fills up the potholes so you can't see them, and you end up STANDING on your brakes or swerving at the last second and saying "holy fuck, where did that come from it wasn't here yesterday WHAT IS THIS PLACE!?")

I ended up staying in studying for my EMT test, but with this type of slop, I think I'd head for a place that had mega-snowmaking all year rather than a more natural-snow-dependant place like Magic or Plattekill.  Last week I bopped from ungoomed to groomed and back and forth and MAN the ungroomed when it's heavy and wet was really unpredictable crazy-glue in places. Something about the grooming process must reduce moisture or something. 

44 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Natural snow when wet is gonna be a lot stickier and grabbier than groomed snow.  Best thing you can do is keep your speed up and stay forward..speed is your friend in 3D snow 

And prepare for the bite of the snow snake!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1