3/23..low expectations..nice conditions.

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 7:18AM and it was in the low 30s under mostly cloudy sky’s with strong winds. In the house were Atomic Jeff, Toast, NMSki PSUFlyGuy, Indiggio, Enjorales, Pops, Slim, GahSkier George, Nastar Glenn, Bethlehem Ford Guy, Gary and many others. 

First civilian chair and I started in challenge which was very nice frozen cord..the grooming was really good  I found out later that they waited until 530am to groom which may have led to a much better surface than after the typical rain freeze. I skied challenge the first five runs because it was so good, there was nobody on it and the top headwall was in the sun. I eventually skied Main Street which had soft cord on the top and bottom was kind of stiff crud but not terrible...

Nightmare dreamweaver was also nice and the rollers aren’t as pronounced as before.  Crowds were low and since most of the runs were straight off the peak the laps were fast. 7 runs by 856 and 12 by 940. Pretty low key parking lot had a few beers with NMSki, PSUFlyGuy, Enjorales and Pops..talk of season pass party today at 2pm and sweet and sausage Sunday tomorrow.  Tomorrow is gonna be nice as well. Today was amazing because I came with zero expectations and the skiing was like a 6 out of 10..plus no people.  Sure this season hasn’t had many perder days or true spring days but has been delivering!!!

• Like 2

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 7:18AM and it was in the low 30s under mostly cloudy sky’s with strong winds. In the house were Atomic Jeff, Toast, NMSki PSUFlyGuy, Indiggio, Enjorales, Pops, Slim, GahSkier George, Nastar Glenn, Bethlehem Ford Guy, Gary and many others. 

First civilian chair and I started in challenge which was very nice frozen cord..the grooming was really good  I found out later that they waited until 530am to groom which may have led to a much better surface than after the typical rain freeze. I skied challenge the first five runs because it was so good, there was nobody on it and the top headwall was in the sun. I eventually skied Main Street which had soft cord on the top and bottom was kind of stiff crud but not terrible...

Nightmare dreamweaver was also nice and the rollers aren’t as pronounced as before.  Crowds were low and since most of the runs were straight off the peak the laps were fast. 7 runs by 856 and 12 by 940. Pretty low key parking lot had a few beers with NMSki, PSUFlyGuy, Enjorales and Pops..talk of season pass party today at 2pm and sweet and sausage Sunday tomorrow.  Tomorrow is gonna be nice as well. Today was amazing because I came with zero expectations and the skiing was like a 6 out of 10..plus no people.  Sure this season hasn’t had many perder days or true spring days but has been delivering!!!

You forgot Ryan and his kid. I’ll be up tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Good time today.  I thought it was going to be pretty icy but it was much better than expected.  Hit Challenge a few times to start off then Lazy and Switchback. Upper Main street was good, lower was a little crusty.  No crowds or lift lines...few beers in the parking lot to end the morning.  I hope to make it one night this week or next weekend for a morning session 

20190323_083832.jpg

20190323_092957.jpg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

That's what they said this year... 

I know. The breaking news was sarcasm. But there won’t be snowmaking next year, per Barb.

loosely quoted, “And snowmaking is the next step, it’s a big expense. We’ve been in talks with some potential investors . . . We’re trying to put together a plan to get the snowmaking all put in for the next pod of trails to open. There’s some pretty big investors we’re talking to. The next 5 years or so are going to be very exciting.”

9 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I know. The breaking news was sarcasm. But there won’t be snowmaking next year, per Barb.

loosely quoted, “And snowmaking is the next step, it’s a big expense. We’ve been in talks with some potential investors . . . We’re trying to put together a plan to get the snowmaking all put in for the next pod of trails to open. There’s some pretty big investors we’re talking to. The next 5 years or so are going to be very exciting.”

Did she say exciting.... or EPIC?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Wow 

C91C9E5D-DD00-422D-9C06-708FA803D091.png

11 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

@enjoralas i hope you're not to full for tomorrow.

OMG I ate so much crap at the party, I can barely type this post.

Food coma commencing in 3....2....1....

Oh, and the sun/temps finally came up to make the bumps on Razor's superb.
Tomorrow should be epic.

Edited by indiggio