Plattekill 3-23-19

Ski2Live Live2Ski

6 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Well so you’d show up as green if we were texting buddies...Zap....ski2live you might have skied the most places so far this season. Especially with Huntah tomorrow.  Way to get after it. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Great day at Hunter today. Hit at least all the blacks and double blacks and all the Blues on the new Hunter North area. Hit this one trail twice (K27) as it was the most bad ass of the stuff that was open today (only one West side trail was open, and it was groomed). 

Ungroomed terrain was real soft and nice today. Very different mindset here from Plattekill though, as they groomed most trails into a nice base that will last for several more weeks at least, while Plattekill left it almost all natural to enjoy and seems to be glad to make the most of a shorter season. Of course they also got less fresh snow here (8" to Plattekill's 18")

20190324_122118.jpg

20190324_123633.jpg

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 4

Hunter North area is a lot of fun and would be even better I am sure on a day when all the glades over there are open. Nice that there is never a line over there.

It is not the most challenging terrain on the mountain, so I figure the deaths over there are due in large part to misleading sign. There are a couple trails that are listed on the map as blue/black, but the signs on the actual trail list them as just being blue. They come right off belt parkway, which is a blue about on the level of Lazy Mile, but these trails have a pitch more like the double blacks at Blue Mtn. So I can see people seeing these trails that also appear to be marked blue coming off the blue they are on, and seeing them as good options to try, when they are really much steeper (and with fall lines that could send you into woods if you cant turn with the trail)

• Like 1

Also real nice that my friend who just moved to 30 min from Hunter pretty much extended open invite for my kids and I to crash there on ski weekends next year

Made a good investment  by taking  them  out to nice  dinner and drinks

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Also real nice that my friend who just moved to 30 min from Hunter pretty much extended open invite for my kids and I to crash there on ski weekends next year

Did they *actually* invite you? Or were they just being polite and you are going to milk it for all its worth?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Made it home in 3:10 including taking a gas stop and McDs drive through stop. Quicker going there in AM I'm sure. So if we get 2 days of skiing in and spend the night up there, same drive time to ski time ratio as day tripping to Blue. And 2x the ski days with better quality ski terrain and more snow. Gonna be digging the Peak pass.

• Haha 1

Made it home in 3:10 including taking a gas stop and McDs drive through stop. Quicker going there in AM I'm sure. So if we get 2 days of skiing in and spend the night up there, same drive time to ski time ratio as day tripping to Blue. And 2x the ski days with better quality ski terrain and more snow. Gonna be digging the Peak pass.

This is so awesome! Enjoy peak!!!!

• Like 2