Sunday 3/24 - Suns our buns out

toast21602

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun spring Sunday at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot around 718am and in the house were Atomic Jeff, Johnny Law, Toast, Ryan, Mute, Mixiplix, Root, Schifdawg, Enjorales, Enjorales Dad, Indiggio, Slim, Bethlehem ford Guy, Silver fullface helmet guy, GSSucks, Justo, rose, Ty, theRealKT, Joan, Joan’s husband and many more. Temperatures to start were in the upper 20s under bright sunshine. 

I had three leftover bottles of champagne so had some early mimosas and didn’t hit the snow until like 815. The snow was very firm early on but decent. The best snow was on the tops of challenge and Main Street and lazy mile was pretty good. I even skied the whole mile for stoke and the big turn on lazy was getting some serious sun and minor corn by 930am while the rest of the mountain was still a frozen tundra.  

After about 8 runs went to the lot had a few beers and Enjorales made some amazing food including sausage, ribs, burnt ends brisket, flat breads, shrimp and creme brûlée.  Around Noon was probably 50 degrees out and time for some full on early spring skiing. 

First checked out Main Street and the bumps were very large.  Then the razors bumps which were nice and very long. Last section was the best part.  Razorback had amazing smooth corn..over on lazy snow was slow but the falls was good. Did 7 more runs then back to the lot around 130..me law and AJeff were tired and bounced.  Was a great spring day thanks Mother Nature, Barb Green and Enjorales.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

Nice morning....I'm a pretty shitty skier so these vids suck....but I thought I would put them up anyway.....Enjoralas I tip my hat to you...That was some awesome food.....

I like the sidewinder video.  It’s not a competition as long as you’re having fun that’s what matters and you’re at the level where you improve every time you ski..you’re also in control that matters!!!

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

That was as perfect as a spring day can get. Snow was pretty decent even first thing and the afternoon session was really nice soft spring snow.

Enjoralas, holy fuck dude, I would wager there isn't a ski area parking lot in the world where someone eats better. You are a saint.

• Like 6

Wow. Props to Blue. Here it is March 24th, not much in the way of crowds yet the lifts are turning and the snow is great. Literally had not a moment to myself this weekend until now and there's Blue, open till 9 on a Sunday night in late March ensuring that I get some skiing in this weekend. Beautiful evening out here.

34e8fdd270eb09ffc9855ad7e62693aa.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, enjoralas said:

The creme brulee was legit this time. Redemption achieved. 

Got-damned cartoon egg yolks.

Damnit!  I should have stayed for the creme brûlée, but I was too antsy to get back out on the snow.

Regardless, all of the other food Enjoralas made was spectacular!  Kudos  to the chef!

Edited by indiggio

9 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Wow. Props to Blue. Here it is March 24th, not much in the way of crowds yet the lifts are turning and the snow is great. Literally had not a moment to myself this weekend until now and there's Blue, open till 9 on a Sunday night in late March ensuring that I get some skiing in this weekend. Beautiful evening out here.

How's snow this evening? Still soft or frozen crud?