3/28 Soft and fast

RootDKJ

Great conditions were throughly enjoyed by TP4, Mute, Bethlehem Ford Kurt and Silver Fullface helmet guy and myself.

I didn’t want to leave. Best Thursday morning all season. 

BD0E4804-667C-4239-9840-5B831F97FBE3.jpeg

Edited by RootDKJ
  • Like 5

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I bugged out of work early and made it to the lower lot by 250pm. It was in the upper 50s with a south wind.  Rodney and the MILFs were blasting tunes and drinking beers.  The sun was shining bright.  I wore under armor, polo shirt and shell and I was a little warm but not that sweaty perhaps because my fly was down the whole time.  

Only a few dozen people in the house.  I didn’t even ride the six pack with another person.  The base is still super deep on 90% of the mountain and some thin areas and skeet spots on the usual places.  I mainly skied razors to Razorback because it was the best..right side of upper razors was pretty smooth left side along the Bumps was choppier..middle section soft chop and Razorback smooth corn on the right side and last section very nice.  I skied sidewinder once and too hald was smooth and the Hollywood section was choppity chop when it sets up in an hour or two will be rough.  

I skied until 420 and the drive back was a breeze..seemed like everybody was going the other direction on blue mountain drive, 145 and Root 22.  I’m glad I got out this afternoon I’d go same time tomorrow but I have an eye doctor appointment at 3 and after that won’t be able to wear my contacts for four hours or so.  Ski some of you Saturday.  Should be sloppy...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Great conditions were throughly enjoyed by TP4, Mute, Bethlehem Ford Kurt and Silver Fullface helmet guy and myself.

I didn’t want to leave. Best Thursday morning all season. 

BD0E4804-667C-4239-9840-5B831F97FBE3.jpeg

Silver full face guy was still there when u arrived but gone by the time I left.  He’s a legend!!!

• Like 1

Didn’t think it was my last day at Blue when I woke up, but found out on the lift that it was going to be. Fun morning riding with TP4 and Root. Even had a lift ride with Cliff and Eileen. Plenty of snow all around and was about 40° by the time I left at 11.

I’ll be at Camelback Sunday since Blue bailed. It would make it my most mountains in a year(4) to bring my total to 6. I wish I was lying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I had a real nice morning up until my last lift ride where I was informed this would be my last blue run of the season.  Kind of made the last run a bummer lol, but great conditions and a beautiful morning.  Fun time riding with mute and root.  

Edited by theprogram4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Didn’t think it was my last day at Blue when I woke up, but found out on the lift that it was going to be. Fun morning riding with TP4 and Root. Even had a lift ride with Cliff and Eileen. Plenty of snow all around and was about 40° by the time I left at 11.

I’ll be at Camelback Sunday since Blue bailed. It would make it my most mountains in a year(4) to bring my total to 6. I wish I was lying.

Maybe try for killington in May..can mooch off Atomic Jeff’s Ikon discount you can share the pullout couch with @phillycore in the PASR suite at the best western $30 and a four pack.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mute1080 said:

I feel like I need to go to Camelback with you, since I've been the one who has introduced you to every other mountain you've visited. 

• Like 2

He finally returned my text from weeks ago yesterday.  As the one song from the 60s said breaking up is hard to do...but vegetables are still good for you.  That’s the version of the song from Epcot circa 1996..

As the song from 2018 said...in the kitchen wrist twistin' like a stir fry.

Don't ask me why that's relevant to this thread but the songs in my head so yeah.
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

As the song from 2018 said...in the kitchen wrist twistin' like a stir fry.

Don't ask me why that's relevant to this thread but the songs in my head so yeah.

Cause you listen to Migos..better than,”when I turn my chain go jingalang a lot of hoes wanna see my ding-a-ling 

Cause you listen to Migos..better than,”when I turn my chain go jingalang a lot of hoes wanna see my ding-a-ling 

I have a kid in HS. She doesn't necessarily listen to them but they're pretty popular among the HS kids at the moment. (Damn I sound old). They were also on the Nickelodeon Kids choice awards last week where words were actually bleeped out during the the broadcast. Again at the Nickelodeon Kids choice awards. LOL
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I have a kid in HS. She doesn't necessarily listen to them but they're pretty popular among the HS kids at the moment. (Damn I sound old). They were also on the Nickelodeon Kids choice awards last week where words were actually bleeped out during the the broadcast. Again at the Nickelodeon Kids choice awards. LOL

I’m an outlier in terms of the demographics for fans of Migos and other Trap music.  Free Tekashi 6ix 9ine

A0C0B5EB-0504-4060-9C9A-E549A7D0514B.jpeg

Just now, mute1080 said:

I don’t hate it.

Yet.

lol.  i used to think Blue and CB were neck and neck for 1st and 2nd best in PA, but i hadnt been back to CB since 6 straight years of being a blue pass holder, it wasnt as great as I remembered, and I had to knock it down to third best in PA with elk bumped up to second.  i still like CB though, and sunday could possibly be my east mountain redemption as they closed it after 4 runs when i went back this season.  i certainly don't miss the anxiety of driving up the access road and fingers crossed to see the east mountain quad spinning