3/28 Soft and fast

RootDKJ

4 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

i certainly don't miss the anxiety of driving up the access road and fingers crossed to see the east mountain quad spinning

It's not that bad really. And because the two expresses are critical for full access, they typically do spin. Which is not to be said about Blue that managed to create crowds out of nowhere on several occasions this season, weekdays and weekends included, because they didn't feel like running two expresses at the same time.

14 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

I don’t hate it.

Yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate it.

Already!

Every time I've been there I've been harassed by the bumblebees and since they outlaw tailgating, I refuse to visit the place.

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, eaf said:

It's not that bad really. And because the two expresses are critical for full access, they typically do spin. Which is not to be said about Blue that managed to create crowds out of nowhere on several occasions this season, weekdays and weekends included, because they didn't feel like running two expresses at the same time.

not saying your wrong, as I have only been there once in the past six years.  however, when I was a season pass holder there, i remember the east side quad constantly closing for anything...low crowds, 2 hours til closing, rain, wind, ice, it was too cold out, etc.  Everytime i would drive the access road i would be worried that lift is closed as it services the 3 best runs on the mountain.  my day there this year, i was worried the whole drive up, was happy to see it spinning, then they closed it 4 runs later lol

I have to say, Im intrigued by this whole new "Piss off your loyal customers" approach blue is doing the past few weeks.  seems opposite of most customer service approaches i know, but hey, maybe blue is on to something and college kids will be doing case studies on this new approach in the future

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I have to say, Im intrigued by this whole new "Piss off your loyal customers" approach blue is doing the past few weeks.  seems opposite of most customer service approaches i know, but hey, maybe blue is on to something and college kids will be doing case studies on this new approach in the future

It is definitely interesting to see the progression of how shitty their decisions have been. Starting with the season pass deadline dates changing, then stating limited quantities, now announcing a closing day and then moving it forward, closing for clouds the day before the season ends. I just hope the sale of the place doesn't jeopardize the TP4 statue. We have been working so hard since the pope visit to get that back in motion and I would hate to see it putter out again. 

• Like 3

I'm guessing that they know the vast majority of their loyal passholders aren't going anywhere. Take all of us as an example. For me, personally, shit would have to be egregious. Let's say, hypothetically, that ski patrollers took a photo of me skiing fast on Paradise and hung it in a secret room on the second floor of their patroller shack at the base of main street, where they would use my photo for dart tournaments. I'd probably make some excuse like "well the patrollers need something for their dart playing" and re-up on the pass because at the end of the day I'm not buying a peak pass and skiing nights at BB. Not getting a pass at CB and not getting a pass at Bear Creek... unless, again, they did something really bad.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I'm guessing that they know the vast majority of their loyal passholders aren't going anywhere. Take all of us as an example. For me, personally, shit would have to be egregious. Let's say, hypothetically, that ski patrollers took a photo of me skiing fast on Paradise and hung it in a secret room on the second floor of their patroller shack at the base of main street, where they would use my photo for dart tournaments. I'd probably make some excuse like "well the patrollers need something for their dart playing" and re-up on the pass because at the end of the day I'm not buying a peak pass and skiing nights at BB. Not getting a pass at CB and not getting a pass at Bear Creek... unless, again, they did something really bad.

ya, we dont really have any leverage cause we will all be back next season.  still, its almost comical at this point to see how much they just dont give a fuck.  they are literally advertising on facebook a post for season passes (season passes they made up a fake quantity for) that is located in between a post saying they are closed today despite no rain, and a post saying they are closed sunday despite minimal morning rain.  as soon as they got all of us to re up our passes, they shut the mountain down lol

Edited by theprogram4
  • Like 1

ya, we dont really have any leverage cause we will all be back next season.  still, its almost comical at this point to see how much they just dont give a fuck.  they are literally advertising on facebook a post for season passes (season passes they made up a fake quantity for) that is located in between a post saying they are closed today despite no rain, and a post saying they are closed sunday despite minimal morning rain

I totally agree with you. Not to mention the whole closing time guessing game.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Indiggio you notice that it hasn’t snowed in Jackson hole in like three weeks. 

Yeah, I looked this morning to see what the weather was like in JH, since Little Cotton Canyon was closed for avy control.

Looks like JH is gonna get some snow this coming week though.

Edited by indiggio

3 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Yeah, I looked this morning to see what the weather was like in JH, since Little Cotton Canyon was closed for avy control.

Looks like JH is gonna get some snow this coming week though.

A couple inches.  In a more normal snow year in JH the hobacks would be closed by now.