3/30 ..Closing Day?

Mixilplix

Thanks for starting the thread mixiplix.  Closing day was a lot of fun and a nice long day for me at Blue the true in sub tropical weather.  

I arrived at the lower lot at 720am after a quick stop at Sheetz for some parking lot snacks.  The temperature was in the lower 50s under mostly cloudy sky’s.  In the house were Root, Niko, MBike Mike, NMSki and kids, PSUFly, Mixiplix, Bethlehem ford guy, Enjorales, Pops, Nastar Glenn, Justo, Rose, GSSucks, Indiggio, TheRealKT, Ty and many others.  

Was a leisurely start and didnt get first chair until about 8:03AM..started on razors which was pretty smooth but still pretty firm.  Then sidewinder which had a few technical spots but was better than expected.  Lazy mile was super nice and Main Street has nice grooming on the top half and a little tougher lower down. Apparently the bathroom on switchback has thin cover.  

After a solid hour and forty minutes of skiing I went back to the lot to remove my jacket and have some beer.  Bethlehem ford Guy also had some fine meats cheese and crackers.  The sun was shining bright and a nice parking lot scene.  Closer to noon I returned to the mighty slopes of Blue the true for some more runs. Sidewinder, paradise were all good along with a lift beer.  Then back to the lot again after five or six runs of corn snow and MBike Mike was grilling up some sausage.  I ended up peacing our just before 2pm and already around 75 degrees out in the valley.  

B8F39E98-BCDE-4744-9C92-2C56CA2EF17E.jpeg

A24CFC90-37EB-46EC-B8C0-4E1B8D64D159.jpeg

A97A638F-7C19-48BC-8A24-DFEA8ED52B3D.jpeg

619F54C5-4754-4FB2-AFBF-5B125EBA7334.jpeg

2088C511-2610-4504-BCA1-713CE185C171.jpeg

• Like 8

I don’t think you could have asked for a better closing day.  There was a photo on Facebook of transformer box crew from yesterday late afternoon and there must have been 60 people many of them lurkers on here.  Wazup Slim..yesterday was cool cause the crews were merged we hungout with Kurt’s crew and the shady bunch and the folks who listen to Grateful Dead.  A lot of days this season we were rolling 2 six packs deep...usually on the more low key days I had a few people to ski with and even when I was a one man wolf pack at blue I see a bunch of familiar faces..usually tough to take a piss without somebody asking me about conditions...corner of lazy is soft don’t tell anybody lol.  

It was a good and long ski season at Blue..Root Friday opening is just such a bonus and downsides were not a lot of terrain the first month of the season and also not much natural snow but we avoided total washouts and there were some nice windows of chalky packed powder and a few spring skiing days..a half dozen sausage Sundays..one machete...and a portable karaoke machine...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

And Ski2Live my per day cost was $6.88 this past season at Blue mountain put that in your half pipe and smoke it..

Your math is abysmal. In reality you paid for the first 8 of your visits, which barely covered December, and then skied for free, you cheapskate! Should be ashamed of yourself.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

And Ski2Live my per day cost was $6.88 this past season at Blue mountain put that in your half pipe and smoke it..

Congrats we came out at $10 assuming we dont hit CB again on the pass

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I still spent $7-8,000 this ski season accounting for gear and trips 

I spent less that half that for 3, even including gas and meals. But I am glad to hear you got to ski a lot and had a good winter. Hope to get another few days in still myself.

Hah we see her an average of one day a season in the lower lot and I just about never see her on the slopes.  

She was right behind my son on Saturday when he was stuck in the turnstile and I was like “ oh hey barb!”