Vail buys Blue - Article Inside

saltyant

34 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m disappointed that he has to pay alimony and child support lol

Alimony is all done and, given 50/50 custody, child support payments cost me about as much as splitting a pizza and hot cocoa at Blue 2-3x a month.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

you know blue management is reading this and facebook and saying "I stole over 2 weeks of skiing from these stupid mother fuckers and they are still giving us money 8 months in advance!"

I find the whole "you said it, we listened" thing over the pond skim/weather thing last week a really slick move too, but in an odd way.  A whole bunch of "internet weather forecasters" (read - anybody with a weather app) told them it was going to rain on Sunday.  Everybody knows Blue likes to close when it rains, yet everyone on FB was more than willing to point out to Blue that it was going to rain.  I work in a weather dependent business, and i know better than to tell someone 5-6 days prior what the weather is going to do, because most likely it will change.  There were also people on FB saying exactly what time it was going to stop raining on Sunday, 5 days ahead of time.  LOL.   

Due to some other circumstances, i wasnt able to ski the past two weekends, so i probably have a different outlook on this than most.  I skied quite a few days at Blue this year.  I really have no idea how many days, i dont keep track, its not worth my time to keep track of it, all i know is i paid probably a little more for 4 lift tickets in Utah as i did for the season pass at Blue, and i was able to give another PASR a day pass.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, saltyant said:

I agree with the AlpineZone poster. Nothing is a bigger stoke stomper than skiing on dirty filthy snow, thin cover, pine needles strewn about, snirt, death cookies, and mashed potatoes.

You’re not allowed to agree with the Alpine Zone poster. 

You weren’t there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

I find the whole "you said it, we listened" thing over the pond skim/weather thing last week a really slick move too, but in an odd way.  A whole bunch of "internet weather forecasters" (read - anybody with a weather app) told them it was going to rain on Sunday.  Everybody knows Blue likes to close when it rains, yet everyone on FB was more than willing to point out to Blue that it was going to rain.  I work in a weather dependent business, and i know better than to tell someone 5-6 days prior what the weather is going to do, because most likely it will change.  There were also people on FB saying exactly what time it was going to stop raining on Sunday, 5 days ahead of time.  LOL.   

Due to some other circumstances, i wasnt able to ski the past two weekends, so i probably have a different outlook on this than most.  I skied quite a few days at Blue this year.  I really have no idea how many days, i dont keep track, its not worth my time to keep track of it, all i know is i paid probably a little more for 4 lift tickets in Utah as i did for the season pass at Blue, and i was able to give another PASR a day pass.  

missed you dude!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

you know blue management is reading this and facebook and saying "I stole over 2 weeks of skiing from these stupid mother fuckers and they are still giving us money 8 months in advance!"

....and then they leave the mountain cams going on the website to really rub it in....I'm a true Blue supporter as much as anyone, but this just ain't right!
http://www.skibluemt.com/mountain-cams/

Edited by Jersey Tomato
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jersey Tomato said:

....and then they leave the mountain cams going on the website to really rub it in....I'm a true Blue supporter as much as anyone, but this just ain't right!
http://www.skibluemt.com/mountain-cams/

Not only that, but WFMZ 69 TV's local weather channel periodically shows the webcams as well, showing Vista full of snow.

• Like 1