For the Lehigh Valley peeps

theprogram4

10 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Question...how bad is traffic typically on 78 going from 476 to 33 on a weekday morning?  22 will be out of the picture thursday morning, so wondering how bad 78 gets.  i could take 476 up to 80 to get to CB, but that seems out of the way.  thanks

Usually not bad unless there is an accident. Heavy truck traffic. 

• Like 2

I would definitely go turnpike to 80. On the map it doesn't look much more out of the way than the 78 route is going to force you. It's 9 minutes slower than the 22 route (78 route not shown) on google maps, but chances are better you're going to be able to maintain highway speeds a lot more

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Try the on-ramp from 309 North onto 22 West.  You wanna talk crazy!

On ramp onto 309 is a stop sign one..is rediculous can sit there a long time before you get a gap with impatient people behind and kuhnsville exit onto 22 also a stop sign exit..what happens is a car will sort of stutter start and then stop and get rear ended.   Accidents galore. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

On ramp onto 309 is a stop sign one..is rediculous can sit there a long time before you get a gap with impatient people behind and kuhnsville exit onto 22 also a stop sign exit..what happens is a car will sort of stutter start and then stop and get rear ended.   Accidents galore. 

I do kuhnsville/22 ramp every day. I feel like its only a matter of time til i get wacked...

20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

a car will sort of stutter start and then stop and get rear ended.   Accidents galore. 

Right, people never learned/were taught how to merge and do the creep until they get to the end of the on-ramp, then they have no room to accelerate into traffic and just sit there to be an accident waiting to happen.

Stop at the sign and use the entire ramp, especially the short ones, to accelerate to highway speed and then merge into the right lane.  It's not that hard people!

Edited by indiggio