Aspen/Snowmass 3/30-4/6

AtomicSkier

We skied Snowmass yesterday.  Was pretty funky snow up high as it was just warm enough to turn the snow into glue.  We opted to stick down low and ski the corn, which was smooth and soft.   It was pretty flat light at times and overall a meh day.  We skied for about 2.5 hours and called it quits.

NSJay’s 4 yr old was going to take another lesson today, so we went back to buttermilk, which I wasn’t going to object to.  The high today was in the mid 50s in the valley and 40s up high.  I ripped a bunch of groomers off of Tiehack while NSJay and his wife cruises around.  Buttermilk may be the smallest of the four mountains here, but it’s got awesome groomers, the best views, and no crowds.  I skied until noon and then we picked up Jay’s kid after his lesson to take him on his first “big boy” run from the top.  He skied Buttermilk top to bottom (about 1900 vert ft) without falling once.  

9BB7764E-EBA4-4A93-8424-363042B2F853.jpeg

• Like 9

• 5 months later...
2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I searched "continues to be stupid" using quotes to find this since I couldn't possibly remember what thread it was. Was considering photoshopping myself into Atomic's profile pic but I'm not that motivated anymore.

Thanks Salty I’m bored as fuck at work today.  Business is dead n