Colorado 4/3-4/7

PSUFrankenstein

4 hours ago, PSUFly said:

Got to copper around 10. This place is huge, I keep getting lost. Did some groomers, a few glades, and a long bump run that I ended up on by accident. Also rode the bubble lift which isn't really needed for today.  Supposed to do some runs on the cat in a bit 

20190405_113302.thumb.jpg.00c45b069622d4f0b17b5cd225f9836d.jpg

20190405_120423.thumb.jpg.eece9c610c94731963b6aab810768667.jpg

20190405_120556.thumb.jpg.cb9d4529b2402a4be78ac034e610c830.jpg

20190405_124635.thumb.jpg.999cb3d5f41e59dc3afaedb8290e1078.jpg

Is that heated chair new?  I don’t remember riding it last season. It’s cool riding the surface lifts and the old double in the back bowls at Copper.  I’ve had a lot of fun at Copper mountain...I have 9 days total there.  I’ve had a few fun boozy days on the mountain where I’ve stopped for drinks at one of the two mid mountain BBQs..very relaxing low key mountain and like you said huge.  Still some runs I haven’t skied there.  Here’s pictures from a spring day and a pow day last year at copper. 

8CBF8AF0-1672-44D6-9B54-9B37045CEA91.jpeg

7ABCFA67-BFB4-474C-8645-E7DD35B2B99C.jpeg

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Is that heated chair new?  I don’t remember riding it last season. It’s cool riding the surface lifts and the old double in the back bowls at Copper.  I’ve had a lot of fun at Copper mountain...I have 9 days total there.  I’ve had a few fun boozy days on the mountain where I’ve stopped for drinks at one of the two mid mountain BBQs..very relaxing low key mountain and like you said huge.  Still some runs I haven’t skied there.  Here’s pictures from a spring day and a pow day last year at copper. 

8CBF8AF0-1672-44D6-9B54-9B37045CEA91.jpeg

7ABCFA67-BFB4-474C-8645-E7DD35B2B99C.jpeg

It might be new, I'm not sure.  Copper was awesome they had pretty much everything.  Nice groomers, open bowls, glades and trees. Highlight of the day was definitely the run off the cat in mostly untouched snow.  

• Like 3

GSS, the bubble lift is new for this season.  I was reading a magazine about the local ski areas and it mentioned that along with another lift that was upgraded. 

Stopped at Highside brewing in Frisco after Copper, which is also pretty new. It was decent, had a tropical milkshake IPA.   Ate dinner at Bakers Brewery in Silverthorne...surf and turf tacos and a stout...fried ice cream for dessert. 

Going to Loveland in an hour or so.  Forecast doesn't look great, high winds and chilly.  

• Like 1

Loveland is very fun. I ended up hiking like half a mile from lift 9 to the cat ride area because I thought that's where the trail went. I didnt want to ride the cat, just wanted to get down the easy way. It was exhausting having to backtrack once I reached the dead end, I was ready to pass out.

Edited by saltyant

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

Loveland is very fun. I ended up hiking like half a mile from lift 9 to the cat ride area because I thought that's where the trail went. I didnt want to ride the cat, just wanted to get down the easy way. It was exhausting having to backtrack once I reached the dead end, I was ready to pass out.

Yeah all the cat stuff is pretty steep but there are a few spots off lift 9 that are more mellow.  There was one that was a steep chute/gully but no rocks to worry about...that was fun

• Like 2

Back to prison, i mean work today.  I have a bunch of pics on my camera I'll upload in the next day or two and post them here.  It was nice to hit some different mountains since I normally just do Steamboat.  Copper had a ton of variety, and they had a lot of runs that were actually groomed nicely.  Not that I mind the "western groomers" that aren't as smooth, but it was nice to switch it up a bit during the day.  I'd like to spend more time at A-Basin and Loveland too.  The stuff off lift 9 at Loveland was awesome, and would be really good on a sunnier day.