4/7@The Camel...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun session at Camelback. My first time there since 2013. I arrived at the main lot below guest services around 8am and in the house were Root, TP4 and Blue mountain liftee bob wearing a deadhead shirt.  After receiving free ticket went over to the CBK lodge to boot up. The temperature was in the mid 40s under sunny sky’s.  Began on the Stevenson lift in the shadow of the new hotel...the hotel and water park are huge and the parking lot for them was pretty filled up.  

First skied Cliffhanger which was stiff cruddy snow and a little semi frozen coed.  Did Nile mile and took a piss on one of the corners. Repeated nile and cliffhanger then cut across to the Sullivan lift.  The snow near the peak was stiff semi stiff but softened pretty fast. Skied the famous front four Marjies, The Hump and Asp and the rocket.  All good marjies and big pocono the best..then made way back over to the east side via pocono raceway which had nice smooth corn...

Revisited Cliffhanger again and still not very good @saltyant would have been sad because it’s his favorite double diamond. By now Nile mike was prime...best spring snow on the mountains and I put the hammer down on the turns. Ended the session with pocono raceway one more time and back to the car.  Skied 20 runs total in about 2 hours then hungover in the lot for maybe 45 minutes.  

I wasnt super excited to ski camelback today but hard to pass up on free April skiing and I don’t have fuck all to do..one thing is that closing day at Blue is rowdy and at camelback the crowd was really mellow..and yes I haven’t been to camelback in 6 years well liftee bob hasn’t been there since 1985 wow just wow. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Having a great day at Hunter. Went down this my first run. Most runs had much better coverage than this. The whole main face and the North pod are open. No lines.

20190407_124434.jpg

That’s when conditions are fun! I didn’t get any of that this year. Enjoy! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Camelback is a great mountain. If not for Blue I would get a season pass there again in an instant. And the best part is the runs are shorter so you get more runs in.

How do you figure more short runs are better than longer runs? The last 30 seconds of skiing a run at Blue you find yourself wishing you were standing in a lift line again?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Camelback is a great mountain. If not for Blue I would get a season pass there again in an instant. And the best part is the runs are shorter so you get more runs in.

Camelback  is not a great mountain. It was great last week because it was free. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

How do you figure more short runs are better than longer runs? The last 30 seconds of skiing a run at Blue you find yourself wishing you were standing in a lift line again?

You took the Salty bait ski2live. For that you need you clean GSS new car with a toothbrush wearing an Alice the maid dress as punishment.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Thought about going to Belleayre this week for one more day of skiing. So disappointed they’re closed all week. Working next weekend 

Same here. If they open next weekend, I’m there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RootDKJ said:

Same here. If they open next weekend, I’m there. 

I would definitely go if I were off. I guess the only place open during the week is Killington. One of the ladies I ski with is off Wednesday and Thursday, so am I. We could drive up Wednesday, stay overnight, ski Thursday, then drive home. Not sure I want to spend the money with this oral surgery bill hanging over my head. Oh well, better to get the surgery over with now and not beginning or mid season. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Last season I logged 1,021 runs, which is probably a record on this forum, thanks to the short runs at Camelback.

Last season I logged 1,021 runs, which is probably a record on this forum, thanks to the short runs at Camelback.

I highly doubt that would be a record.
Maybe a "logged record" on here though.
I can pretty much guarantee that JF Dan, Ridge, and I have all topped that skiing an avg of 6 hours at Frost each weekend years ago.
It's really easy to rack up runs there and boulder.....lol
There was a time when I thought you could equal the amount of time skiing vs waiting in line at Jf to Blue (and you can but only at blues busiest hours)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2