Jump to content
GrilledSteezeSandwich

Camelback might be being sold...

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, toast21602 said:

If they pave the lower lot it will crumble so quickly with the freeze/thaw cycle of the swamp that it’s built on. Agree about drainage, though. For some reason there are always puddles in our row. 

For those playing along at home, that like the idea of the lower lot being paved  -  Just to throw down 1.5"-2" of blacktop on the lot to the right as you enter, and the interior of the lot on the left, inside the already paved ring road, would cost about $300,000.  The entire lower lot, $600,000.  But thats kind of a waste of money with what Toast mentioned above.  They probably wouldnt be able to pull permits to pave unless they improved drainage and grade.  Water that falls on blacktop has to go somewhere, and normally water that falls on your lot has to stay on your property, not run off into neighboring properties.  Drainage, subgrade, stone, base and top, way, way, way over a million bucks.  I guess the next time we are all stuck on the 6, or its moving 10' at a time, or its down for the day, we can at least talk about how kick ass the surface of the parking lot is if they were to pave it over fixing lifts/infrastructure first.  .  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PASRs own sibhusky is in the thread and can’t even grasp how people can ski camelback on busy days.  She had a condo at camelback and was there every weekend with sibhusky before she moved to Montana in 04. Also looks like camelback is gonna be on the Ikon pass but as a base resort..not on amenities.  The camelback mountain lodge gives the Four seasons at Jackson hole and the Ritz Carlton at Northstar a run for their money...plus there’s even a hibachi place down in the village. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

For those playing along at home, that like the idea of the lower lot being paved  -  Just to throw down 1.5"-2" of blacktop on the lot to the right as you enter, and the interior of the lot on the left, inside the already paved ring road, would cost about $300,000.  The entire lower lot, $600,000.  But thats kind of a waste of money with what Toast mentioned above.  They probably wouldnt be able to pull permits to pave unless they improved drainage and grade.  Water that falls on blacktop has to go somewhere, and normally water that falls on your lot has to stay on your property, not run off into neighboring properties.  Drainage, subgrade, stone, base and top, way, way, way over a million bucks.  I guess the next time we are all stuck on the 6, or its moving 10' at a time, or its down for the day, we can at least talk about how kick ass the surface of the parking lot is if they were to pave it over fixing lifts/infrastructure first.  .  

Maybe the shirt that you always wear that says what a lot of Pennsylvania people call blacktop is sending subliminal messages to Blue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Camelback seems a much better fit for Vail. Wouldnt need to toss a bunch of money at it to bring the amenities up to a level that wouldnt tarnish the brand. Vail doesnt do wedding tents as ski lodges.

I'll get a 2020 Epic pass in they acquire either.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Camelback seems a much better fit for Vail. Wouldnt need to toss a bunch of money at it to bring the amenities up to a level that wouldnt tarnish the brand. Vail doesnt do wedding tents as ski lodges.

I'll get a 2020 Epic pass in they acquire either.

Alterra looks to be buying camelback and vail is buying blue.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Alterra looks to be buying camelback and vail is buying blue.  

Thanks for the info. Both will be tempting. Will see how they price their offerings. Will be great to have passes usable in PA and CO starting next March. Until then looking forward to spending time at Hunter and Snow and one trip to Peak's NH resorts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Thanks for the info. Both will be tempting. Will see how they price their offerings. Will be great to have passes usable in PA and CO starting next March. Until then looking forward to spending time at Hunter and Snow and one trip to Peak's NH resorts. 

@saltyant this is great. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Same then I can ski Vail and Brokeback Mountain for free. 

Is that where you and Salty visit together? 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×