Belleayre 4/13/19

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Just now, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

It was definitely on the warm side for skiing by the afternoon, and the number of slushy areas and bare spots made it a sub optimal experience. In contrast, I think last week at Hunter I got in my most vertical of the year, or close to it.

So basically I skied every run that was open once (except for one or two Blues that were a hike from open lifts), and none were really so great that I really wanted to ski them again. 

I wish it had been better conditions,  but it was still a nice time in a beautiful setting and I am glad to have spent the day that way.

Liked the new gondolas too, first time on those. Still very clean and no smoke odor at the end of season 1.

What skis were you on?  Definitely sounds like a day for the fat skis.  Bring your new girlfriend to Belleayre sometime and you can taste each other’s vaginas on the ride up. 

• Confused 1

Was on my older Fischer skis as I correctly anticipated a day not to use newer skis - definitely had to dodge some rocks on a couple runs, and there were bare spots.

Good for them for going for one more weekend day, but they definitely included some sketchy trails in the open count.

9 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Was on my older Fischer skis as I correctly anticipated a day not to use newer skis - definitely had to dodge some rocks on a couple runs, and there were bare spots.

Good for them for going for one more weekend day, but they definitely included some sketchy trails in the open count.

Awesome that you got out skiing on April 13th. Plans on going anywhere else this spring?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Awesome that you got out skiing on April 13th. Plans on going anywhere else this spring?

There is a 50/50 chance I will take an overnight with my kids doing 6 Flags New England on Wed (we have 6 flags pass), then getting a hotel near Sugarbush and skiing there on Thursday. 

Have a couple free passes to SB for kids and they are offering pretty good discount for an adult ticket.

If I get in one more day, that will be it. Otherwise done til November. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

There is a 50/50 chance I will take an overnight with my kids doing 6 Flags New England on Wed (we have 6 flags pass), then getting a hotel near Sugarbush and skiing there on Thursday. 

Have a couple free passes to SB for kids and they are offering pretty good discount for an adult ticket.

That would be cool. I've never been to Sugarbush. I'm sure the kids would love that. Amusement park and skiing sounds like the perfect kids trip. Post pics if you go!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Is 50/50 chance due to weather.  Thanks for the report and pictures.  Great stuff. 

50 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

It was definitely on the warm side for skiing by the afternoon, and the number of slushy areas and bare spots made it a sub optimal experience. In contrast, I think last week at Hunter I got in my most vertical of the year, or close to it.

So basically I skied every run that was open once (except for one or two Blues that were a hike from open lifts), and none were really so great that I really wanted to ski them again. 

I wish it had been better conditions,  but it was still a nice time in a beautiful setting and I am glad to have spent the day that way.

Liked the new gondolas too, first time on those. Still very clean and no smoke odor at the end of season 2.

Fixed it for you 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Is 50/50 chance due to weather.  Thanks for the report and pictures.  Great stuff. 

Just havend decided yet for sure, but will investigate weather and conditions more before deciding on Tuesday. Most likely will do it if neither of those factors look bad. Have kids for last half of their spring break, and they are not doing anything with mom over first half so will be nice to give them a little getaway.

47 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Lots of Blue people went up to Belle yesterday.  My brain went out of ski mode after Killington.

Some of those blue people would travel to the northern tip of Maine for a 200 vert run dedicated bunch.  Might go to Killington in May with Atomic Jeff and a few others..I always wanna go back to Colorado again after I return especially cause they usually get a few more dumpings but then my credit card bill arrives..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Just havend decided yet for sure, but will investigate weather and conditions more before deciding on Tuesday. Most likely will do it if neither of those factors look bad. Have kids for last half of their spring break, and they are not doing anything with mom over first half so will be nice to give them a little getaway.

You gotta do as much fun stuff with your kids they’re only young once.  I only see my parents a handful of times a year. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

When ski season's over it's over. Yesterday was so beautiful out. Wore shorts and a t shirt for the first time in a long time. Went to a party that was supposed to be indoors that ended up being outdoors the entire day.

I wore long pants yesterday when I was out and about yesterday and was shaking my Herman.  Glad my Herman didn’t get caught in my zipper.  

Never had a gig in Lehigh Valley, no. My preference is always doing the originals. That's the best we have to offer Nd what makes us unique.

Actually considering K over SB, though I would have to pony up more $ for lift tix. Cutting 80 min off the r/t drive is appealing, and kids would enjoy going somewhere they have not yet been. Will see what the reports from each place looks like as we get closer.