Belleayre 4/13/19

Ski2Live Live2Ski

8 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

That's very nice of them. Disney is no joke when it comes to dropping $$$. Even the "deals" aren't really deals anywhere outside of Disney. Plenty of new and exciting locations can be visited multiple times with the $$ most people drop on a Disney trip. Don't care though cause it's awesome.

They want to experience Disney world with their grandkids who are 8 and 5.  Their Allentown house hits the market Tuesday if anybody is interested.  They’ve had renters for the last 3+ years.  

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No I have to start packing for Colorado.  Do you have any fun weekend plans??

Just looking forward to reading your pre-skisafari trip report. Post pictures of your luggage! If you need a ski trip packing consultant I'll be available.

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Just looking forward to reading your pre-skisafari trip report. Post pictures of your luggage! If you need a ski trip packing consultant I'll be available.

No bike ride? Tomorrow should be nice. Let’s plan a ride sometime soon. I need some motivation to get out on the bike. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

No bike ride? Tomorrow should be nice. Let’s plan a ride sometime soon. I need some motivation to get out on the bike. 

I might go tomorrow. Next weekend we're doing a 60 mile ride if you're interested, or we can plan a ride the following weekend.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I might go tomorrow. Next weekend we're doing a 60 mile ride if you're interested, or we can plan a ride the following weekend.

Haven’t been on a bike all spring, so 60 miles will hurt me, but enjoy! I’ll check it out on Strava. The following weekend I’d be good for Saturday if others are interested as well!

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I don’t know about that.  The other PASRs find that boring they like picture of beer and bacon and boobs and big bowls

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You drove three hours to belleayre and skied only 9 runs..wow just wow..

It was definitely on the warm side for skiing by the afternoon, and the number of slushy areas and bare spots made it a sub optimal experience. In contrast, I think last week at Hunter I got in my most vertical of the year, or close to it.

So basically I skied every run that was open once (except for one or two Blues that were a hike from open lifts), and none were really so great that I really wanted to ski them again. 

I wish it had been better conditions,  but it was still a nice time in a beautiful setting and I am glad to have spent the day that way.

Liked the new gondolas too, first time on those. Still very clean and no smoke odor at the end of season 1.