Colorado 4/15-4/22...

16 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

Loveland does have a high speed quad. I think its pretty new but it doesn't cover a lot of trails, at least ones I wanted to do. 

Southwest and other airlines had computer issues the week I flew out and had to rebook flights over the next few weeks. Could be why your flight got changed too.

That's right, I forgot about that one. It doesn't go to the top above the tree line, but still offers access to some fun trails. Despite my usual impatience for slow lifts I actually rode them most of the day there. 

2 hours ago, PSUFly said:

Loveland does have a high speed quad. I think its pretty new but it doesn't cover a lot of trails, at least ones I wanted to do. 

Southwest and other airlines had computer issues the week I flew out and had to rebook flights over the next few weeks. Could be why your flight got changed too.

The new high speed quad at Loveland is mainly used to access other lifts.  What I like about Loveland is I can take 5 or 6 different lifts in a row.  It’s a good mountain to explore. 

Currently sitting in waiting area at Newark airport.  Pretty hairy drive to the airport in torrential downpours and my parking spot shuttle bus driver received a $20 tip since I didn’t have anything smaller.  Gonna be on the plane for like 7 hours.  This booking direct Newark to Denver flight two months ago and flying through Austin is for the birds.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Currently sitting in waiting area at Newark airport.  Pretty hairy drive to the airport in torrential downpours and my parking spot shuttle bus driver received a $20 tip since I didn’t have anything smaller.  Gonna be on the plane for like 7 hours.  This booking direct Newark to Denver flight two months ago and flying through Austin is for the birds.  

Were there any direct flights left with seats available? If an airline changes your flights and the times differ by more than a certain amount, they are required to reaccomodate you to closer to your original itinerary if at all possible, at no cost to you.

But you have to know your rights and ask for what you want. A few years ago I even made United change our Orlando flights from ABE to PHL because they changed our arrival from like noon to 8 pm. The agent wouldn’t do it and insisted she could only put us on other flights out of ABE, but when I cited the regulation she put me on hold, came back in a couple minutes and it was easy peasy. 

• Like 3

On 4/14/2019 at 8:38 AM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Flights got changed for tomorrow..great leave earlier and arrive later and it’s not a direct flight now but same plane the whole way. It has to be because Southwest removes dozens of planes from their fleet...flying through AUS..almost 7 hours of travel time instead of 4+ oh Lordy I’m gonna get my money’s worth.  Still looks like a direct flight on the way back..

Holy crap.  Did skitoolive help you book this flight?  that sucks.  

• Haha 1

In Austin. This stay on the plane shit is stupid.  Only 32 of us are going onto Denver...I have to piss but they need to go through the cabin and count everybody first.  I did sit with two cool NJ teachers here on their spring break...I also had a kid behind me kicking the seat and I told him twice to stop.   

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Holy crap.  Did skitoolive help you book this flight?  that sucks.  

No because Southwest took several dozen 737 Max out of their fleet so they cancelled the direct Newark to Denver flight and rebooked everybody..just a lot of fucking hours on the same plane will be 7 total...at least the weather is nice.  

4 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Were there any direct flights left with seats available? If an airline changes your flights and the times differ by more than a certain amount, they are required to reaccomodate you to closer to your original itinerary if at all possible, at no cost to you.

But you have to know your rights and ask for what you want. A few years ago I even made United change our Orlando flights from ABE to PHL because they changed our arrival from like noon to 8 pm. The agent wouldn’t do it and insisted she could only put us on other flights out of ABE, but when I cited the regulation she put me on hold, came back in a couple minutes and it was easy peasy. 

The flight left an hour and a half earlier than originally scheduled flight.  They don’t have any direct flights from Newark until this evening.  This morning direct flight is the one I’ve always taken...pisses me off it’s the second time this year I’ve booked a direct flight on a ski trip and ended up with a stop.  I was actually surprised that only 32 people are going onto Denver..

Staying on the plane when it makes a stop is all cons..you can’t get up off the plane when it arrives...for people with large bladders and can hold it till end of flight you can’t pee right away cause they have to wait until everybody leaves the plane and then count the seats..then you have to watch 150 people bored the plane slow as fuck...then the entire takeoff routine again. Anyway I’ll continue to try to take direct flights when I can even if it costs more..only to be disappointed the flight day.  

Been up since 1230am..was nervous I was gonna oversleep alarms so didn’t fall back to sleep...essentially a line of thunderstorms passed through Allentown right before I left and I chased that line of storms east into New Jersey..I ended up getting soaked walking to my car, waiting for parking shuttle and the Parking Spot..

Also flight attendants are so aggro about overhead space..I pay extra for the early boarding and they get nasty to me when I try to put my jacket up there...please wait until everybody has boarded so we can find space for jacket.  

59 minutes ago, Barb said:

Flying is such a pain in the ass these days. Hopefully trip will be all good once you land. It will be even better if you follow through this year and ski with me. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come up to abasin or Loveland and ski fast lol. Bar. You’re lucky you live near one of the best airports. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Stopped for a slice of pizza and safety supplies in idaho springs.  Under $100 for two cartridges, an 1/8, pipe and a lighter.  We ain’t in 2004 prices have come down a lot for MJ and on 4/20 a lot of places have 2-4-1 deals.  

F45EF61B-9E50-4632-AC69-26C1D09DF96A.jpeg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2
  • Love 1