Colorado 4/15-4/22...

April 17th...Loveland Colorado day 2 of 6

*****Part 1****

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun ski day here in Colorado.  I arrived st Loveland around 9am and scored a pretty close parking spot.  The temperature at the base was around 31 with a few flakes in the sky.  I purchased ticket at the window for $65..spring rates FTW..began on Chet’s express and first run did a warm up on mambo which had a bit of fresh on the sides and groomed underneath.  A little sticky on flatter areas but not bad and some cushion for the pushing. 

Back up Chets and this time took spillway to waterfall and then hung left to chair six..while terrain is mellow off chair six I found a few nice pitches and sidehills to get fresh as I went down to the Ptarmigan lift which had some nice untracked near the top and then I ended up taking a little sidehill chute Tomahawk to chair 9 which goes to the summit ridgeline at 12,700 feet...on the second half of the ride the winds picked up..I was caked in heavy wet snow..it’s a quad lift I was riding alone and no Safety bar and no visibility the last few lift towers.  

At the top took a picture or two of low Vis snow was blowing sideways.  Ended up taking patrol bowl great a double diamond I’ve skied it before but not I. Almost zero Vis..pretty much picked my way down two turns at a time then could see rope to the left and chairlift towers to the right..was way more tiring than it needed to be as I went so slow for the top half of the bowl than around the old midstation of chair 9 visibility went from zero to 100 real chick...I skied down to chair 4...

to be continued. 

A431667E-CF69-4A43-978F-0BE32CC0CC64.jpeg

93FF595E-4DC2-44FC-8E3E-F81EAC164DCF.jpeg

62457A39-B1ED-4AB4-A7DB-B6CE9C7FE24A.jpeg

D423AA20-B4B8-4F6A-BAF6-B710F2FF1F3B.jpeg

8DAD909E-4C58-4FE0-B00C-48CEAB6A6E43.jpeg

• Like 3

A few more pictures from first half of day...

What kind of sandwich would the PASR hardcores JLAW, Atomic Jeff, Salty and Eaf get...Chorizo..cause they like things a little spicy and early shot of the lot..when I left there were only like three more rows of cars.  Not many people out at all.  

2D51AC50-458E-45CB-92FD-DBA615D73C57.jpeg

46834D1A-D9E7-46CA-A848-A34A6AFF087C.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

****Part 2****

After the zero to 100 run from the peak I boarded chair 4. Scrub to the left of the chair had been groomed which I have never seen before usually it’s a mogul run and there was the small amount of new snow on top with only a few tracks.  I skied mercury to perfect bowl to scrub all untracked and it was great charged the whole run and repeated it.  Then I went over to chair 9 with a safety break in the woods on the way over.  

I only did two laps off chair 9 and the snow on the top was similar to perfect bowl but a bit gluey on the lower aspects.  Then skied back over to the chair 4 area back to the base.  I was starving like Marvin and starting to feel a little sore.  I went to Mexican restaurant in Frisco then went to target to buy a few things including a towel because the towels here suck.   I also pre purchased an Abasin ticket for tomorrow for $65.99.  

9080474F-3658-46DE-9DAE-EB93F7E7ADFA.jpeg

776014AA-246A-4E9F-82D3-3A47CDB684E2.jpeg

F1282AE9-98CD-4F1B-9546-99D532AED5FE.jpeg

FD018609-F649-472B-B47F-3BED6D2F8246.jpeg

E9856519-855E-41DC-80EE-E6EB6B04C265.jpeg

48A16CDD-5313-4EF1-BE6E-5087DD56028E.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Thank God for a new page so I dont have to see that disgusting picture Toast posted anymore. Anything with shyte makes me gag.

Great report!!

9 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Nice! Enjoy your skiff! 

Whenever I hear skiff I think of a skid mark, so enjoy your skid mark too.Donald-Trump-Skidmark-2.jpg.1fc0cce8ab211c1da823ccfaf9bc7679.jpg

You mean this one? 

• Love 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do you have WiFi 

At home. I look for wifi everywhere which is a little risky. A few weeks ago someone hacked into my Ticketmaster account and bought tickets to a Penguins game with a stolen credit card, thankfully I caught it and the tickets were cancelled. I stopped logging on accounts from public wifi. 

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

At home. I look for wifi everywhere which is a little risky. A few weeks ago someone hacked into my Ticketmaster account and bought tickets to a Penguins game with a stolen credit card, thankfully I caught it and the tickets were cancelled. I stopped logging on accounts from public wifi. 

I’m glad you weren’t a victim of identity theft. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I only pay $11.88 per month for my phone plan.  If I could find a comparably priced plan with calls, text, and unlimited data, I would jump right on that. But haven't found anything good.

The cheapest plans you’re looking for are more than $12 a month. Probably like $50+ a month.  Do you have unlimited data on your work iPhone??

10 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I only pay $11.88 per month for my phone plan.  If I could find a comparably priced plan with calls, text, and unlimited data, I would jump right on that. But haven't found anything good.

You seem to make that work. Good for you. I depend on my phone and such for a lot of my work so I probably couldn’t make that happen, but would love a $12 monthly bill. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

You seem to make that work. Good for you. I depend on my phone and such for a lot of my work so I probably couldn’t make that happen, but would love a $12 monthly bill. 

Just for this trip I’ve depended on my phone for airline reservations, hotel reservations, restaurant hours, trail maps, YouTube videos, credit card payments, photos, videos, notes, lift ticket purchases..on and on and on...

I/the business pays $270 a month for 5 smart phones with unlimited data for me, delivery guy, both my parents and sister.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich