Colorado 4/15-4/22...

15 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Wow quitting already? It's only 12:05 in CO. When I go out there I ski from open to last chair.

How many days have you skied out west in your life???   I also don’t take an entire day out to tool around Denver.  You know you probably could have received a refund on your Stowe lodging if you contacted your credit card company.  I’m not trying to get my money’s worth..skiing as much as I feel like.  At blue 1.5-2 hours is perfect...3+ hours for a session here is great..all high speed lifts at copper.  Easily skied a dozen runs today in the woods now.  

New page and day 70...

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How many days have you skied out west in your life???  

I also don’t take an entire day out to tool around Denver.

You know you probably could have received a refund on your Stowe lodging if you contacted your credit card company.  

Touring the mint was rad.

Now I'm despondent and full of regrets.

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

And didn’t you eat at the Mint as well???  I won’t make it there this trip. Already had my steak yesterday. 

Correct. At first I was annoyed that I had to cook my own steak, since I expect them to bring me my food and Coke while I sit and play on my phone. But the steak and grilled Toast was really really good so I'll go back next year, and maybe even the year after next year.

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Someone's all of a sudden a seasoned skier of mountains west of the Mississippi... interesting.

Bahahahaha....at least he takes his skis off when boarding gondolas now...new Bubble lift at Copper.i only rode it once had the safety bar down but bubble up.  It’s wxtra warm anyway even with bubble up...also the American Flyer lift is now a Chondola...new lift at Loveland, new lift at Abasin and for 2021 Solitude Station at Copper...I think a new on mountain lodge..same name as the one at Jackson hole..and okemo has a Solitude area as well where @SallyCat gets her chicken and waffles.  Speaking of waffles I could smell fresh made waffles as I skied by the on mountain cantina..I would have stopped for a jack and stoke but didn’t want to slow down my pace...

CA2BF520-BCE1-43F2-85EC-65DFEDF26152.jpeg

• Like 2

Copper mountain is hosting the worlds largest Easter egg hunt. Something like 65,000 eggs spread out on 2,000 acres. Each egg either has candy or a $1 coin..it’s sponsored by a local bank.  Might be worth it for Ski2Live to come out for that..although baggage could be weighed down by all those coins..might wanna trade them in for a cashiers check..wouldn’t want to get robbed at the Newark airport. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

4/19/2019

Day 4 is 6

Copper mountain

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun day at Copper mountain. I arrived around 9am and it was around 40 degrees and sunny.  On the mountain was in the 30s and there was barely any wind.  I began on SuperBee and took a nicely groomed coperopolis to the Excelerator lift..mostly packed powder with a few crunchy spots.  Then took Ptarmigan to a lower mountain blue to the base..the snow was just starting to get spring like at the very bottom.  I took the new Bubble chair up.  

I was in the timberline area for a few runs including copperhead and windsong which were nicely groomed and still winter snow conditions. The timberline area was the most crowded..a couple chair wait..the grill at the bottom of Timberline is closed for the season but some were still winning themselves on the deck.  I then made my way up the Sierra lift and had a couple almost bottomless pow turns before a flat section then some lightly tracked powder on Gold-digger...shout out to Kanye. 

Ended up on Jacques piste back to Timberline then did a run back to the base hit the corn mid mountain was super nice and mush near the base.  Took American Eagle and then more corn and mush to super bee..up super bee and a last 2k+ vert run Andy’s encore top to bottom.  I then had Japanese food for lunch in Frisco and now posted up like a Thumbtack here in Silverthorne.   For Saturday and Sunday I’m skiing Abasin. I already bought a two day ticket only for $135..Saturday only is &82...

0BAFE343-C107-4198-8694-3A22FEB22A37.jpeg

72708554-6E11-45A2-8807-1FB3715CFE98.jpeg

73BF5EF0-692B-47BD-9177-85E70958FF5A.jpeg

5CA9CE50-8A6E-40A2-9D12-95E3F0FB8FE0.jpeg

BFA66858-226E-46B9-B13F-7921A2F4B0D1.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

Correct. At first I was annoyed that I had to cook my own steak, since I expect them to bring me my food and Coke while I sit and play on my phone. But the steak and grilled Toast was really really good so I'll go back next year, and maybe even the year after next year.

How do you like your steak cooked?  I like medium.  Same with a cheeseburger in paradise.  I got sunburn today. Should have remembered my facemask.  I don’t want the boss to think I was playing hookey..

18 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How do you like your steak cooked?  I like medium.  Same with a cheeseburger in paradise.  I got sunburn today. Should have remembered my facemask.  I don’t want the boss to think I was playing hookey..

Super well done. When I'm cooking steak I can't tell when it's rare, medium rare, medium, medium-well, well, super well, etc. In fact the first steak I've ever cooked was at The Mint in Silverthorne. In college I worked at the cafeteria and cooked Steezeburgers and fries, and I learned to take the Steezeburger off the grill when it starts to rise in the middle. Fortunately no one ever requested a medium or medium rare Steezeburger or it would have thrown off my whole grill game.

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Super well done. When I'm cooking steak I can't tell when it's rare, medium rare, medium, medium-well, well, super well, etc. 

On a grill at 400degrees it goes as follows.   3 mins, 5 mins, 8 mins, 9 mins, 11+ Respectively. 

Steak cooked anything over medium is a sin. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

Nice reports. Copper is awesome.  I remember doing gold digger, it was groomed nicely. Did you hit any of the back bowls?

The Vietnamese place in Dillon (Pho Bay) is good. There's a German place in Frisco that's good, I think it was called Prost or something.  Also a cajun place that's good, Lost Cajun.

Pho Bay is now a Japanese steakhouse in Frisco..I don’t think the back bowls were open. 

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Pho Bay is now a Japanese steakhouse in Frisco..I don’t think the back bowls were open. 

Yeah I guess it moved. I was at the new location when I was in Colorado earlier this month. Here's the new address. I thought it was in Dillon but I guess it's still Silverthorne 

Pho Bay (Silverthorne)

Address: 270 Summit Place Shopping Center, Silverthorne, CO 80498

Telephone:  (970) 368-6530

Monday-Saturday 11am-9:30pm

Sunday Closed

Edited by PSUFly