Colorado 4/15-4/22...

42 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do you dip your well done steak in ketchup??  I need to get up and get supper..probably corned beef nachos and jack and coke..jack and coke is much better than Jack and Diane..

Nah I hate ketchup. Used to eat my fries and tater tots with mustard.

Edited by saltyant

Arapahoe cafe was pretty fun.  I had a cup of tomato spinach Asiago soup and a brisket sandwich.  A rowdy group of six guys bought me some sort of grapefruit vodka drink sort of like a greyhound but with bubbles.  I also chatted with some cougar who hits the tanning salon and who’s tits were spilling out of her blouse.  She’s going to Hondorous in two days and flying through Houston..maybe she’ll see Paul Wall..

BD02C1D5-E291-497A-9C87-FD30F6AAFDD4.jpeg

4DB9FEB4-893D-43B4-9755-B115C9060EA3.jpeg

5D9E9373-BF2E-4A5D-A1AC-ED1C31553A46.jpeg

• Like 3

3/4 down first run had to piss might as well smoke a bowl.  About a 3 minute singles line for black mountain express.  I plan to go to beavers and montazuma should be lines on those lifts. I expect Black mountain and Lenawee to have lines all day.  Snow is refrozen not that great on groomers. 6 out of 10 blue mountain groomers right now. The good thing today is I have lots of people to talk to from the ticket line to the lot to the lifts.  

D53903A1-4716-4BBD-9871-06CD7AF95B23.jpeg

Nice morning continues but just not softening up that much..no liftline at the Beavers and I do like Beaver..also saw a butterfly during my safety meeting.  Blasting some lil dicky for earth day.  

Hey Salty it’s not even 11am yet..I have about three more runs in me bahahaah maybe four   

721C3DDC-EAC8-4132-8637-02F447484EB4.jpeg

83974E65-11FF-47D7-A420-4E5C7914CA1F.jpeg

D36037CB-1C6B-4944-9B4A-F8285A421B97.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hey Salty it’s not even 11am yet..I have about three more runs in me bahahaah maybe four   

TFTI. I'm actually a nihilist and it doesnt matter it you do 0, 1, 17 or 54 runs or even tour Denver as long as you're having fun. W2GAI!!

Sweat, Smashburger, Weed...

In waiting room at dispensary..almost as crowded as Abasin..the receptionist is talking out growing and all kinds of stuff.  Talk of a joint Loveland/Abasin pass next year as Abasin leaves the epicpass.  Definitely saw some Ikon Lanyards today. They get like $25 off lift tickets at Abaybay..I probably should have bought a next seasons Abasin season pass at the beginning of this trip for $399 which includes the rest of this season and a few other perks.  Oh well hindsight is 20/20...I’m finished purchasing lift tickets for this trip ended up being $69 day one at Abasin with Bloody Mary, $65 day two at Loveland, $65 day three at Abasin, $85 day four at copper and $135 day 6 and 7 at Abasin.  That’s somewhere right around $420...for 6 days..that’s the cheapest I’ve ever done out here.  My first skifari out here I paid $100 for one day at steamboat and that was the spring rate.  

CED4E8DC-4861-4097-953A-D7171E263217.jpeg

4F428773-CD1A-4DEB-954B-485765989110.jpeg

57405A4E-9ED4-4639-915E-9689654B9B7D.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

4/20/2019...ABasin..Day 5 of 6

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun ski day at Abasin.  I was up at like 3am felt good fell back to sleep up at 5 was a little hungover.  Wake and baked has free hotel breakfast..fruity danish..coffee laxative banana..relaxed text with east coast friends..was in car ready to leave at 755am..dry roads no traffic 815 saw that the early riser lot full but like 2 rows were roped off for an event.  So I was thinking wow maybe I’ll have like front row in overflow lot..nope I was like fifth row each row with maybe 15 cars across two deep plus people parked at perimeter and a jam up at the $20 pay lot right near ticket office.   

Booted up hoofed it across lot down outside steps..steps leading to tunnel through tunnel and boom an Uber crowded base area and the lifts aren’t even spinning yet. Picked the slow ticket line they scanned my phone and a two day ticket to paradise..actually 2 of 7 which is convenient..chatted with New Yorker and chick from crested butte getting friend discount on pass and she said 3/4 or the businesses in CB are shut down now and most of the locals are in Moab and other places. Clicked into skis temperature about 40 and sunny..half corral and tents giving free yogurt, cliff bars and petitions about climate change they were collecting signature for.  Better than the free jolly ranchers at Copper but was appreciated to let me know that I still hate jolly ranchers.  Lift line guy working the black mountain express was great grouping four singles together and that’s when you either have great conversations or dead silence.  Only one person whipped out a beer and vape pen on the lifts today so pretty low key.  Vape pen guy works in the MJ industry in accounting.  Enough of the expose on all the people onto the skiing.  

Conditions on the lower mountain were initially similar to blue after a warm day but with superior grooming and more room to maneuver around people. Upper mountain was almost winter time groomers and off groomers some old crusty leftover refrozen mank..was still in the 30s on the upper mountain.  I skied all over today and only did Lenawee three times because it always had a line..one run I took locals advice and skied to the base and said screw this full corral to the Pali lift then over to the beavers up beavers and straight down Lenawee face to a stopped Lenawee lift and even longer line.   Why did they have to get rid of the Norway lift..sheeesh. That lift was sweet never a line.   Anyway was nice getting some peace and quiet in the beavers area and skied the long steep winding blue groomers which was only groomed on the top half and bottom half was yesterday’s skied off snow refrozen..nothing I couldn’t handle but I feared some goobs would get owned by the tricky fall line I believe buckhorn..if you fall on the last pitch it will send you into the woods.  I love that shit it’s the exposure I don’t like. 

Ended up on Lenawee a final time around noonish singles line wait a few minutes people on chair in front were the ikonic folks from the ticket line I knew right away by the Yankees jersey something you don’t see much more likely to see an avalanche jersey.  Skied the powerline run for a second time today and was still winterlike snow top pitch a little sticky icky mid mountain and lower mountain the shadows and areas of sun dictated if it’s mush or not.  50 or so degrees and sweaty after walk back to car..people grilling burgers so decided to go to smashburger followed by dispensary followed by 7-11 and posted up at the days inn for a final night.  After skiing Abasin tomorrow I’ll be driving to Denver airport and staying at the Hyatt place..

A2CE6E87-FC97-43BC-8394-909A268D78BB.jpeg

CF655D3A-2839-45FA-9BE9-026E7A3B2F09.jpeg

681D5D0E-944B-4C15-9078-7CCB1B529FD5.jpeg

F092C4D0-AC7C-4D44-952B-8BEE0A4EC795.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1