Colorado 4/15-4/22...

Been skiing all over..I believe 6-7 runs so far...Have been on the lifts with locals, Boulder person, Chicago person and Erie PA person.  Light went super flat around 1030 and the clock at the bottom of the Zuma lift apparently broke yesterday at 420.  Also saw the Easter egg hunt take place.  I’m older than most of the parents lol..I never took place in an Easter egg hunt.   I hope the taco truck is open at the base.  I could use a margarita.  

8244569C-6F7E-42FE-8CEE-2F410A8FDDB7.jpeg

D0877B54-5DAB-4030-AE73-4156938C8272.jpeg

735A0074-2AFC-424F-A0DD-8DBE01578AEF.jpeg

98552CFA-530F-427B-A28F-150BDF8A02BF.jpeg

• Like 3

April 21, 2019

Abasin day 6 if 6

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun day at Abasin.  I arrived at the mountain a little before 9am and was once again relegated to the first overflow lot..not quite as crowded as yesterday but pretty busy.  Temperatures were mainly in the 30s on the mountain with a variety of sun and clouds.  Conditions were packed powder on the upper mountain and crispier packed powder and even some mad sweet and low on the lower mountain.  

The rope tow was running to get over to Montezuma bowl and I did a few runs over there..I also skied Powerline at least three times and the last time I skied it the light was so flat but I still skied it basically full speed because I know the run well. For about a lift ride there was some snow and graupal..I also rode the lift with a patroller who wanted the bar down which was refreshing.  

I peaced out a little after noon and the sun was shining and I was warm but not sweaty like yesterday..then as I drove to Denver there was a bunch of rain and I checked the Abasin webcam a little while ago and they received like 2”..wow just wow...I stopped at chili’s and just checked into my hotel room at the Hyatt place Denver airport.  Im in their club so got two free bottles of water.  Gonna chill for a few hours and then go across the street for some drinks. 

D7ECBBB4-6D35-4426-B73B-ACA573554FEE.jpeg

322AA75B-3A8D-45AA-8843-02931F8DB6A7.jpeg

B39DD65E-6C58-49AC-B2EE-80B730D6CFCA.jpeg

• Like 3

And I’m back...not ready to go back to work today.  Today was likely one of the busier days of the year being the day after Easter and I’m sure it will be busy tomorrow...Newark airport was a mess.  Looked like at least an hour wait for security in the crappy A terminal...only one baggage carousel for all the southwest flights and I was the only person on the parking spot shuttle to tip the driver..bunch of cheap bastards.  Anyway time to save money for next ski season...I’m gonna need lots of new gear...

3 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Must be nice.

Woke up at 430. Working till 1 tonight. Wake up at 430 again.

430pm wake up or AM?  My max is 10 hour days on delivery days..7am-5pm.  I have my second weekend appointment of the busy season this coming Sunday Anyway you’re building a business it’s not easy..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich