Colorado 4/15-4/22...

My son has been up 4xs.  Yesterday he said conditions were stormy and low visibility. They closed the lifts at 11 due to wind. I was going to go up with him today but he decided to earn some money and help his dad at work instead. 

613429ac8706082522eaf49c99774949.jpg

Schofield Pass is near Crested Butte. Always a snow plug there that blocks access to the road well into July. Will be interesting to see how long it takes to melt out. The 4 pass loop is a very popular backpacking trip that is in that area.

My kids went to Abasin yesterday, said the snow quality was awful and visibility poor. But the older kid got his 10th day in this season while living in Hawaii so he is pretty stoked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Barb said:

Schofield Pass is near Crested Butte. Always a snow plug there that blocks access to the road well into July. Will be interesting to see how long it takes to melt out. The 4 pass loop is a very popular backpacking trip that is in that area.

My kids went to Abasin yesterday, said the snow quality was awful and visibility poor. But the older kid got his 10th day in this season while living in Hawaii so he is pretty stoked.

Well yeah yesterday was cold and the incoming storm fizzled a bit. Does you kid like going to school in Hawaii??  

50 minutes ago, Barb said:

I couldn't imagine being out there this year when we were last year. Almost no snow to be found on trails and was difficult to even find patches higher than 10k. 

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Well yeah yesterday was cold and the incoming storm fizzled a bit. Does you kid like going to school in Hawaii??  

Whenever someone asks him that question he always answers the same, “I surf every day, there is usually a rainbow and all the girls paddling out have amazing butts in small bikinis.”

33 minutes ago, Barb said:

Whenever someone asks him that question he always answers the same, “I surf every day, there is usually a rainbow and all the girls paddling out have amazing butts in small bikinis.”

Hopefully he’s majoring in something worthwhile that will make him a lot of money..nice he’s an ass man my n****

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Barb said:

Is this the same kid that wants to move to Florida?

13 hours ago, Barb said:

Yup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is he the weirdo who fell off the lift at Jack Frost?   

This is video of two days ago when your son was at Abasin.   Yesterday and today were minor pow days there while it is super muggy and moist here in the A..not in my A lol

2 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

Too bad he doesn’t want to stay in Hawaii.Wouldn’t you rather visit him there? 

Right now he is on my dime. He knows he can’t afford to stay in Hawaii.  In other news Aspen opening again this weekend. 

1 hour ago, Barb said:

Right now he is on my dime. He knows he can’t afford to stay in Hawaii.  In other news Aspen opening again this weekend. 

I saw video from last week..looked epic.  I’m driving down to Virginia now...my ski boots and ski pants were still in my carryon bag from last month. I’ll be on my parents dime for the next few days.