Colorado 4/15-4/22...

Hey All,

I’m heading to Colorado on 4/15 to cap off a fun ski season. I land in Denver around 1130AM and am staying at the Silverthorne days inn..I got a good deal and my last stay at the Silver inn didn’t impress me as its not as nice as where I stay here in the A and they ran out of butter at the free breakfast and jelly on dry bagel is no bueno   

I might meet up with Barb at Winter Park, probably have a bacon Bloody Mary at the Abasin mid mountain lodge...it will definitely snow..I will definitely be both sweaty and cold in the same run...I’m also thinking of taking an Uber to Breckenridge one night and party rock a little.  Any suggestions???  Since some of y’all like pictures here’s a few from my trip last April.  Anyway today was the first day I was like fuck yeah I’m off work next week. 

D71EFED4-6148-4D51-940C-D1EEB9B50690.jpeg

3DBE999B-AB08-44F6-9C20-5E8655F2B3F2.jpeg

A222AEA6-F559-4305-8DD5-FD293966A28B.jpeg

22E8EFD5-A720-47D5-AE60-C56D150CA90E.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

Check out The Mint in Silverthorne, you can cook your own steaks there. Also be sure to write a report!

I went to a similar place to the Mint in Steamboat where you make your own steak and I just wanted to relax at the bar so they made the steak for me.  Also like $4 extra for a baked potato at the mint..fools and their money.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PSUFly said:

Baker's Brewery in Silverthorne has some great food also...and as the name suggests, they have a lot of baked goods and desserts.  Their fried ice cream was pretty awesome.

I’ll try to get there.  The only brewery I’ve been to in that area is the one next to the la Quinta inn.  

6 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

I was wondering if you were going, have a blast dude!

Thanks hope you’re having fun in Tahoe..not much has been happening here.  I was at camelback with Root and TP4 on Sunday and we saw Bob the liftee and last night sang Lil ducky freaky Friday with a college babe.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ll try to get there.  The only brewery I’ve been to in that area is the one next to the la Quinta inn.  

That might actually be this one.  It's near a bunch of hotels behind the 7-11/Dunkin Donuts.  Dillon Dam Brewery in Silverthorne is pretty good too and has great happy hour specials.

Leaving tomorrow..looking like possible snowfall around the middle of the week..I have a feeling I’m gonna experience a multitude of different skiing conditions and temperatures..probably somewhere between the teens and 70s...and snow between bulletproof and tits mcgee..I have that great day before trip anxiety..gotta love it...

• Like 3

Flights got changed for tomorrow..great leave earlier and arrive later and it’s not a direct flight now but same plane the whole way. It has to be because Southwest removes dozens of planes from their fleet...flying through AUS..almost 7 hours of travel time instead of 4+ oh Lordy I’m gonna get my money’s worth.  Still looks like a direct flight on the way back..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Flights got changed for tomorrow..great leave earlier and arrive later and it’s not a direct flight now but same plane the whole way. It has to be because Southwest removes dozens of planes from their fleet...flying through AUS..almost 7 hours of travel time instead of 4+ oh Lordy I’m gonna get my money’s worth.  

Edit: AUS is Austin...they better leave my skis on Da Plane...for the 35 minutes in Austin..

D6BDEF57-31BD-4B43-9EC1-DFA9460E25CD.jpeg

AAD824E7-3A00-4B82-81A1-C1DF5A4EAD3B.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

TFTI. That's how my flights from hell to Bozeman started. Then I got trapped in Texas, home of W. Hopefully you get to KDEN on time so you can tour the capitol building and mint.

I actually visited the Mint in Philly in the late 80s and even bought a proof set.  That was back in my coin collecting days...I was mainly into US coins...Buffalo nickels are neat and I had a whole cache of Morgan silver dollars that my dads cousin gave me....came in handy when I was hard up for money in my late 20s and I sold them for probably half their value at a local coin shop...all good 15 minutes later I was dipping crab meat into brown butter. 

• Like 1