Jump to content
GrilledSteezeSandwich

Colorado 4/15-4/22...

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Am. 20 hour days.

Guy quit already.

Damn Daniel..Well now you’re also making the money you were gonna pay the guy...my friend who has a tree cutting business has trouble keeping employees and he had to hire back somebody he had already fired in desperation.  +++++VIBES+++++ to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shadows said:

My health is worth $120 a day. 

When does this become a business and not building. Labor is bullshit 

Well you’re in a labor intensive industry...my friend just started a new job and she has 8 weeks of paid training until she starts..it’s mostly computer work so that means they have to pay her for 2 months..probably at least 6-7 thousand before she’s even making them money.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One last round of pictures...the last couple from the last night when I stayed by the Denver airport.  I ate good on this trip and actually lost 3 pounds..I didn’t drink a lot..I had three drinks three of the nights plus a Bloody Mary and a beer the one day at Coors lights....I drank a ton of water..and after hearing about indiggios issues even had a little Gatorade.  

 

This late season trip for me is a fun part of my yearly schedule and some serious relaxation. I only drove a total of 334 miles in Colorado between Denver to Silverthorne and two and from skiing each day and back to Denver.  Spent under $40 on gas..on food and drink I was loosely keeping track and was at about $400 for the first 6 days so probably about $500 total not that far off from JH..lift tickets were $420 total lodging was about $600..airfare was about $300..rental car was about $350 and safety supplies were cheap....bye bye ski season 

5CC8ADCE-1CC6-4333-A761-1AC122C3BB37.png

FD4D9B0D-4E8B-4FC3-B20E-ECABA0481E46.jpeg

56BB646C-5572-455E-86AF-F904E0C26269.jpeg

D68BA9E3-DE6F-42F2-B31F-8D8405F0672C.jpeg

1B67AEF8-81B4-4408-98D9-29C415ECEF10.jpeg

1A5D07AA-A02A-4EE4-8D2E-CBDC22DD9A0A.jpeg

D5B363EF-3E25-4593-A844-5F03455C251F.jpeg

2D41FECB-F612-4F39-868F-02E0E73712BD.jpeg

A093E480-D437-4165-B7AD-D61A7EE05B63.jpeg

E412FC83-64CE-45B9-B03E-44DCCE441B1D.jpeg

174D7791-B8E6-4C08-B515-D58D1DAE3F0C.jpeg

C9465CC4-14F8-411A-AD60-D6FEA5C844A6.gif

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Shadows said:

My health is worth $120 a day. 

When does this become a business and not building. Labor is bullshit 

When you hire managers to handle the employees. Yeah, pretty much the employee thing sucks. 50% of our employees are great, and have been with the company a long time. The next 25% are basically doing just what they need to in order to keep their job.  The last 25% are people we would replace in a heart beat, but they have a drivers license, and they show up so we keep them around until someone better walks in the door. Always hiring, which means employees are leaving because its not the ice cream shop job they thought it might be, or they are getting fired. Its constant both ways. Rarely are we upset when an employee leaves. Truck drivers are a whole different, fucked up kind of breed, and most of them are pussies.  Truck drivers are really hard to find. Unfortunately most good, sane, mostly criminal background free people are employed. 1 in 10 people we interview might work out. It sucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shadows said:

This was brought up today... unemployment being low means every good employee has jobs. So I find not so ideal people.

Same here.  One good resource for employees you might want to look into is PAcareerlink - https://www.pacareerlink.pa.gov/jponline/Common/LandingPage/Employer

This is basically tied into the PA unemployment website.  People on unemployment are pretty much required to search for a job, unless they have a definite recall date from their current employer.  I was trying to steal a few disgruntled employees over the winter out from under our competition that laid off employees.  Of course, we had people laid off too.  

You need to find the guy that hates his current job, or someone who lost their job of 20 years because the company closed its doors.  Tough find either way.  i dont envy small businesses like yours that have to constantly struggle to keep 2-3 employees.  And then there is the whole health benefit dealio which is such a big deal.  My neighbors kid after like 10 years in the landscaping business finally called it quits, he had just had enough.  Had guys driving his trucks last year with no drivers license.  Built up a good business, lots of customers, lots of equipment, but says he just cant put up with it anymore.  Also, he just got kicked off his parents healthcare policy, so getting a decent job with bennys was a big deal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The only way I keep my delivery guy and office manager is paying them well and giving them health insurance and good vacation time.  If business was bad they could in theory make more money than me. 

good thing business isn't dead. 

 

oh wait...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Same here.  One good resource for employees you might want to look into is PAcareerlink - https://www.pacareerlink.pa.gov/jponline/Common/LandingPage/Employer

This is basically tied into the PA unemployment website.  People on unemployment are pretty much required to search for a job, unless they have a definite recall date from their current employer.  I was trying to steal a few disgruntled employees over the winter out from under our competition that laid off employees.  Of course, we had people laid off too.  

You need to find the guy that hates his current job, or someone who lost their job of 20 years because the company closed its doors.  Tough find either way.  i dont envy small businesses like yours that have to constantly struggle to keep 2-3 employees.  And then there is the whole health benefit dealio which is such a big deal.  My neighbors kid after like 10 years in the landscaping business finally called it quits, he had just had enough.  Had guys driving his trucks last year with no drivers license.  Built up a good business, lots of customers, lots of equipment, but says he just cant put up with it anymore.  Also, he just got kicked off his parents healthcare policy, so getting a decent job with bennys was a big deal.  

My girlfriend is a teacher there. Know all about it lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shadows said:

My girlfriend is a teacher there. Know all about it lol.

I know somebody that is the lead singer of a local band called the Atown sluts who uses the copy machines and printers at careerlink to make copies of flyers for shows. What a legend!!!  He loves food bank Friday...he was also on Judge Judy a few years ago and won. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

 He’s collecting disability checks with a bogus disorder while living in his parents basement at age 39 

fixed that for you

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×