Colorado 4/15-4/22...

That’s on me. I am not a huge fan of Copper and he decided that was where he wanted to ski instead of WP. I don’t know why I don’t like Copper, but I couldn’t get amped up to go. I am sure he will be back next year. Still waiting for some of you fools to join me in Crested Butte. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I always do...

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

why use a parking brake on an auto transmission?

I was always taught that you should use the e-brake so you don't put excess pressure on the parking pawl, but that's just what I was told.  I don't know shit about cars really.

17 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I was always taught that you should use the e-brake so you don't put excess pressure on the parking pawl, but that's just what I was told.  I don't know shit about cars really.

This is true to an extent. It’s VERY unlikely that not using the parking brake will wear that out in the lifetime an average person owns the car. It’s also dependent on where the vehicle is parked. If it’s on a flat surface there’s almost no pressure on it. Steep grade is a different story. It’s more likely that your parking brake will fail before the pawl does. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

at work we are told to never ever use the parking brake on auto transmissions.  there is actually a big sign hanging in the office reminding us not to use them

3 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

at work we are told to never ever use the parking brake on auto transmissions.  there is actually a big sign hanging in the office reminding us not to use them

That's more probably cause you idiots (not you specifically) would drive around with it on.

• Haha 1

This is Burger Planet..he has a livestream on YouTube and twitch and he was on I-70 in Lakewood Colorado yesterday when a tractor trailer flew by him and ended up causing a multi car pileup at the one bridge.  2:15 or so into it you see the truck fly by the live-streamer in the exit lane while he’s who’s sitting in stop and go traffic. Then a few minutes later he drives over the bridge which is all fire and explosions. 

That’s on me. I am not a huge fan of Copper and he decided that was where he wanted to ski instead of WP. I don’t know why I don’t like Copper, but I couldn’t get amped up to go. I am sure he will be back next year. Still waiting for some of you fools to join me in Crested Butte. 

CB is so on my radar.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The same truck a few miles earlier.

I've been reading about this and watched the videos. It hits home for me because I've been on that road at least 3 times, maybe 4, since I'm a seasoned Colorado tourist.

You should start live streaming on Twitch.

11 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I've been reading about this and watched the videos. It hits home for me because I've been on that road at least 3 times, maybe 4, since I'm a seasoned Colorado tourist.

You should start live streaming on Twitch.

Yeah hits home for me as well because I drove that stretch of road on the same side like 5 days ago.  Shit is scary..the driver is in custody right now...23 year old..

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah hits home for me as well because I drove that stretch of road on the same side like 5 days ago.  Shit is scary..the driver is in custody right now...23 year old..

To me it's a reminder that control is an illusion and if you or I are in the wrong place, it's over and there's not a damn thing we can do about it. My favorite song from Metallica is Carpe Diem.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, saltyant said:

To me it's a reminder that control is an illusion and if you or I are in the wrong place, it's over and there's not a damn thing we can do about it. My favorite song from Metallica is Carpe Diem.

That’s a good attitude to have and here I am thinking about how it sucks that I have to go into work on Sunday for like an hour and a half. 

• Sad 1

I had a dream I was in Colorado for some reason and went to a ski resort but didn't have my RTMs so had to rent. It was late afternoon like 5:45 pm and I thought they were open until 9 pm but then they said 7 pm, so I would have to pay $85 for a lift ticket and $40 to rent to ski for under an hour. True story it was a nightmare.

40 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I had a dream I was in Colorado for some reason and went to a ski resort but didn't have my RTMs so had to rent. It was late afternoon like 5:45 pm and I thought they were open until 9 pm but then they said 7 pm, so I would have to pay $85 for a lift ticket and $40 to rent to ski for under an hour. True story it was a nightmare.

Pow day at Loveland and Abasin and snow in the forecast. Wow salty sounds like an anxiety nightmare.  

• Like 1