Killington April 19

SallyCat

Killington was horrendous yesterday.  We had some near-biblical rain on Monday, which is probably the main culprit I usually love spring skiing, but Holy Jeebus. Except for Superstar, every trail was dirty granular garbage thinly dispersed over ice. 

I wouldn't pay money to ski there this season unless you want to lap Superstar, and even that was icy and scrapey. 

877252447_Screenshot2019-04-2010_11_03.png.6f88658f726aa160731fbb2b451c42cf.png

1886871446_Screenshot2019-04-2010_11_58.png.947a0c7f87997661d7e0d2340ce20d46.png

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

How was Disney??

43 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Is Disney uncrowded this time of year. 

It was great, the boys really loved it. Didn't tell them we were going until we were at the gate. Even though the older one had guessed it several times (airplane rides mean Disney to them) there was still an appropriate amount of surprise and excitement when we told them. 

It was pretty crowded, with pre-Easter and Spring Break happening. The popular websites had it as 9 or 10 out of 10, but we were able to pack in plenty of activities due to knowing how to work the Fastpass system, as well as springing for an upcharge early morning event at Magic Kingdom. They wouldn't have gotten to ride the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train if I hadn't, since we only had a few days heads up to book Fastpasses they were of course, all gone. Also rented a car when we would normally just rely on Disney busses, figured with only 2 days and a morning it would help maximize our trip. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

It was great, the boys really loved it. Didn't tell them we were going until we were at the gate. Even though the older one had guessed it several times (airplane rides mean Disney to them) there was still an appropriate amount of surprise and excitement when we told them. 

It was pretty crowded, with pre-Easter and Spring Break happening. The popular websites had it as 9 or 10 out of 10, but we were able to pack in plenty of activities due to knowing how to work the Fastpass system, as well as springing for an upcharge early morning event at Magic Kingdom. They wouldn't have gotten to ride the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train if I hadn't, since we only had a few days heads up to book Fastpasses they were of course, all gone. Also rented a car when we would normally just rely on Disney busses, figured with only 2 days and a morning it would help maximize our trip. 

Enjorales do you’re kids know Orlando means Disney world or can’t they read or hear yet?  How much does Disney charge for parking??  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

36 minutes ago, Schif said:

What's Disney's stance on parking lot grilling and drinking?

No grilling (they do provide grills/areas near most resorts) and I imagine there is a no alcohol rule. You can bring in any food and non-alcoholic beverages you want tho. I should test that theory sometime with a whole brisket, lol. Would have to cut it with the plastic food service knife tho

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Enjorales do you’re kids know Orlando means Disney world or can’t they read or hear yet?  How much does Disney charge for parking??  

Pretty sure they can hear.  Not quite reading yet. No, Orlando doesn’t really mean anything, but they know Disney is in Florida. Parking at the hotels is I think $20 per night, parking at the parks is $25 per day. If you are staying at a Disney hotel, you don’t pay to park at the parks. If I am staying on my DVC points, I don’t pay to park at the hotel either.

• Like 1

Pretty sure they can hear.  Not quite reading yet. No, Orlando doesn’t really mean anything, but they know Disney is in Florida. Parking at the hotels is I think $20 per night, parking at the parks is $25 per day. If you are staying at a Disney hotel, you don’t pay to park at the parks. If I am staying on my DVC points, I don’t pay to park at the hotel either.

Did you guys end up flying out of ABE and into Orlando / Sanford? If so I may pm you for tips on that as we're trying to avoid flying out of Philly this time.

Just now, RidgeRacer said:

Did you guys end up flying out of ABE and into Orlando / Sanford? If so I may pm you for tips on that as we're trying to avoid flying out of Philly this time.

No, we actually DID fly out of ABE, but still into MCO. Both flights went through PHL. It was crazy, paid $248 each for the flights from ABE. If we had driven to PHL and taken the connecting flight as a non stop and same first leg home, would have been over $600 each.

13 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

No, we actually DID fly out of ABE, but still into MCO. Both flights went through PHL. It was crazy, paid $248 each for the flights from ABE. If we had driven to PHL and taken the connecting flight as a non stop and same first leg home, would have been over $600 each.

Is it so much cause they’re last minute flights?

7 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

American?

Yes, American. Basic economy, but I have their credit card so we each got 1 checked bag free, and first category of general boarding instead of last. Seats assigned at check in, got nice Main Cabin extra seats PHL-MCO without paying for upgrade, got preferred seats on the way back, 2 aisles and middles in same row. Paid $21 to move one of the middles to the other window and had the aisle with the two boys in with me and my wife across the aisle.

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think only united flies through Philly from ABE

American definitely does, also Chicago and I believe Charlotte as well. Be careful if you book United from ABE and it routes through newark, most (all?) of those are busses.

5 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Yes, American. Basic economy, but I have their credit card so we each got 1 checked bag free, and first category of general boarding instead of last. Seats assigned at check in, got nice Main Cabin extra seats PHL-MCO without paying for upgrade, got preferred seats on the way back, 2 aisles and middles in same row. Paid $21 to move one of the middles to the other window and had the aisle with the two boys in with me and my wife across the aisle.

American definitely does, also Chicago and I believe Charlotte as well. Be careful if you book United from ABE and it routes through newark, most (all?) of those are busses.

Yeah Atomic Jeff likes taking that United bus route from ABE to Newark because he gets extra miles. 

22 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah Atomic Jeff likes taking that United bus route from ABE to Newark because he gets extra miles. 

It would be nice if you rated security in ABE and it picked you up airside, and then dropped you airside at EWR. I’ve never take in, but heard you have to clear TSA in EWR. The easy security at ABE is one of the best things about flying out of there