Is alpinezone gone?

Jersey Tomato

5 hours ago, mikes781 said:

Florida certainly does win the award when it comes to batshit crazy but it’s hard to beat their fishing.

You can fish for Tarpon and listen to Jimmy Buffett..maybe even start a boy band in Orlando..it seems like most people from the Allentown area who move to Florida end up returning.  I also have a lot of snowbird customers who spend their summers in the Lehigh valley and winters in Flo rida..they’re the ones wearing puffy jackets when it’s 69 degrees outside. 

On 5/17/2019 at 1:15 PM, RidgeRacer said:

According to US News and World Report PA sucks....they like NJ, FL and NY much better.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings

That list is BS. They have Utah listed as #49 for Natural Environment.  Really??? The state with varied beautiful environments from mountains to desert. Arches and Canyonlands  National Parks, and the Wasatch Mountains. Just look at the photos Barb posted lately. Florida doesn't have anything close to that other than that swamp called the Everglades.

People go to FL to die. Maybe GSS should open a satellite gravestone location there.

2 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

That list is BS. They have Utah listed as #49 for Natural Environment.  Really??? The state with varied beautiful environments from mountains to desert. Arches and Canyonlands  National Parks, and the Wasatch Mountains. Just look at the photos Barb posted lately. Florida doesn't have anything close to that other than that swamp called the Everglades.

People go to FL to die. Maybe GSS should open a satellite gravestone location there.

Do you know how saturated the death care market in FL is..the big money is shipping the bodies up to be interred in cemeteries in PA/NJ and NY where a lot of these Florida transplants and snowbirds have family cemetery plots.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

It says that "natural environment" measures the quality of air and water. Utah's cities have Beijing-levels or air pollution. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Utah is still top 5 in every list I've seen. The population growth and air pollution in SLC is definitely concerning. Would think however that living outside of SLC would solve for that?

The problem is caused by inversions along the Wasatch front, so everywhere from Provo to Ogden is impacted. I have a good friend who lives in Ogden and says the air pollution is horrendous. 

• Like 1

The most interesting landscapes in America are in the west. I've been to Arizona, Idaho, California, Colorado, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming, and enjoyed them all.

I also really like the vast open farmlands of Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska. Most people find them boring.

The mountains of New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont, and Virginia are pretty beautiful, just not as cool as out west.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 3

The most interesting landscapes in America are in the west. I've been to Arizona, Idaho, California, Colorado, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming, and enjoyed them all.
I also really like the vast open farmlands of Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska. Most people find them boring.
The mountains of New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont, and Virginia are pretty beautiful, just not as cool as out west.

Nice post Saltman. "Landscapes" is a good word. The Rockies are beautiful but it's the various different landscapes (deserts, cliffs, red rocks, canyons, mountain etc.) in the west that constantly remind that I'm living in the wrong part of the world and want to get the hell out of PA. There are beautiful areas in the east obviously but it's all green lol. I know it's a tourist trap but Sedona in AZ is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been because of the landscape, colors, etc.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, saltyant said:

Agree with this 💯

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Nice post Saltman. "Landscapes" is a good word. The Rockies are beautiful but it's the various different landscapes (deserts, cliffs, red rocks, canyons, mountain etc.) in the west that constantly remind that I'm living in the wrong part of the world and want to get the hell out of PA. There are beautiful areas in the east obviously but it's all green lol. I know it's a tourist trap but Sedona in AZ is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been because of the landscape, colors, etc.

I’d like to get to Arizona and explore more than the airport there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1