Is alpinezone gone?

Jersey Tomato

6 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Been a while since I spent any serious amount of time reading AZ. Probably not since the GSS thing happened. Sounds like things have changed a bit. Always thought it was cool that they were big on that hill in Connecticut (Bristol?). I remember throwing a few PA TRs up there back in the day and those threads got like 10 views so I said fuck it.

DMC stick around. Not much in the way of douchnozzles. Just a group of pretty cool guys and gals (three gals maybe?), randoms out of the blue who try to sell gift cards and / or accuse Blue Mountain of false advertising, a cocoa drinking rock star and a fascination with carpooling, use of the word "perder", likes, loves, the number 170 and hidden pow stashes on a trail called Widowmaker.

Ski sundown in Connecticut 

• 2 months later...
On 5/21/2019 at 12:40 PM, EdBacon said:

I've always wanted to check out Whitefish. 

Wait until you see the prediction for El Niño/La Niña around October-ish.  We are very much affected by those events, with the best seasons being La Niña (in my records kept since 2005, we get well over 100 inches more snow during La Niña).

Total     Last Day

Snow     Depth

304.5    110.1    weak or neutral average
359.6    134.8    La Niña average (best year was 426"/142")
246.0    82.4      El Niño average (worst year was 173"/79")
311.7    113.3    average overall

Failing that, I'd say the best week to be here for snow is the LAST week of February, not President's week, the next one.  That's based on my notes about particularly good days in the last ten years.  Any later and you risk spring conditions.  If you can't make that week, then earlier is better, but you don't want to be here President's week.

• Like 3