Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

PARidge you should do Crested butte maybe you could get Toast and JFDan and Phillycore and GSS to come along.  

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'd totally be down with that. You interested in a CB trip?

Western trips may be tough after this year if my kid goes to college at a location that requires air travel. My travel expenses / airline miles at that point will no doubt be dedicated to that, which likely means a lot more WF / ADKs.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'd totally be down with that. You interested in a CB trip?

Western trips may be tough after this year if my kid goes to college at a location that requires air travel. My travel expenses / airline miles at that point will no doubt be dedicated to that, which likely means a lot more WF / ADKs.

My parents didn’t let me go to college somewhere where I’d have to fly...I think they feared if I went to college in the Rocky Mountains, I wouldn’t graduate. You can fly to Denver for <$300 roundtrip...gotta reward yourself for raising a kid from birth to college. 

As for CB..I actually went there in 2000..my second trip skiing out west...but there was only like a 35” base so a lot of the advanced terrain wasn’t open....I wouldn’t go there instead of JH but perhaps an additional trip. I’ve already been bribing myself with future fun because my work has been so shitty lately. 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 11:23 AM, Barb said:

OMG I would be SOOOO happy to have you in CB!  Only caveat is this place is much smaller than Winter Park and only has one bathroom (womp womp).  If you decide that let me know your dates asap so I can block them out for you.  And Yeah, Dan needs to come, we can make the space work.

I like the idea of a late Feb or early March trip to CB.  Phillycore is going too.  He just might not know that yet.  Really wanna see you again Barb.  We also need a new picture.  

On 6/15/2019 at 11:41 AM, toast21602 said:

Let’s be real. You’re place is CB is incredible.

Barb dont do anything half assed. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Can I get in on a Western trip this year? I think it's finally time for me to get my ass out that way. Even if it doesn't work out that I can get on board with any of you guys, I might just do the solo skifari thing either out of Denver or SLC. The time to plan seems like it's now-ish. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Schif said:

Can I get in on a Western trip this year? I think it's finally time for me to get my ass out that way. Even if it doesn't work out that I can get on board with any of you guys, I might just do the solo skifari thing either out of Denver or SLC. The time to plan seems like it's now-ish. 

Do it. 

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

I like the idea of a late Feb or early March trip to CB.  Phillycore is going too.  He just might not know that yet.  Really wanna see you again Barb.  We also need a new picture.  

Barb dont do anything half assed. 

Nope I bet the arcade at the bowling alley she owned was even badass..probably had a crane machine @saltyant and Adams family pinball lol

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Schif said:

My Jackson hole trip is always open to all PASRs...you’re a pretty well liked PASR OG so I imagine any other trips you could get in on as well.  Cheapest and least crowded is January to first week in February..

I don't think there's really a need for you to ask. It's more of a "I'm coming with you" type of thing.
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Nah. I decided to go to Winter Park five days before my flight. You can definitely make last minute plans work.

Not everyone has the luxury of booking things last minute based on other commitments. 

I'm booked 9 months out. yolo. 

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty but you already had off work that week.  Some employers require staff to put in days off weeks or months in advance.  

That's true, didnt take that into consideration. I'm excited to go out west next Skison. Maybe Steamboat??

Salty you would like Copper too (not sure if you made it there on your trip).  plenty of easier terrain and groomers (their grooming was perfect when I was there), and trees and back bowls and stuff if you feel like doing that.  Steamboat is cool too, I've spent a lot of time there since my friend lives there.  

I'll probably try to do an April trip to CO again next year.  Probably Copper/A-Basin/Loveland again, maybe venture somewhere else.  Winter Park is cool too.  I'll start looking at flights in January probably

I wouldn't go back to Steamboat either, but it was fun going there, as there are a lot of other non-skiing things to see and do.
Nice place to go one time, but really not worth returning, IMHO.

Wife and I enjoyed going up to the Strawberry park hot springs at night. 
The amount of stars you can see from there is unbelievable.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Schif said:

The time to plan seems like it's now-ish. 

Ehh, i guess that depends on how flexible your schedule in the winter is.  With my knee issue, i booked both of my trips just a little bit more than a month out.  If you are going to book stuff ahead of time, my advice would be to make sure you can cancel, or rebook without spending more than a few bucks to do so.  I think someone here booked some non-refundable lodging last year, and for the life of me i can figure out why anyone would do that.  

If you dont have some type of rewards CC or travel CC, do that now.  Southwest is a great airline for skiers, and is great for getting to CO, and good for getting to SLC.  They will not get you to Jackson Hole, but AA will.  

You are opening yourself up to a whole new great experience going out west.  Pretty much any place you chose to go will be awesome, so go on a trip with some other PASR's (highly recommend this, even if people are of different skill sets) but if you dont end up going with a group, (1) pick a mountain that isnt on the Ikon pass.  (2) Pick a mountain with historically lower daily attendance.