Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

58 minutes ago, Schif said:

Would Jackson Hole be a little too intense for a first Western Trip? Should I go for something in Utah or Colorado first? 

you pretty much can't go wrong anywhere, but I would def recommend JHole first.  However, Colorado and Utah are both great options.  For Colorado, I would recommend staying in Dillion/Silverthorne and using Breckenridge as your base of operations.  that place is fucking huge and has something for everyone.  do a few days there and then travel like a half hour to vail and copper.  (also other resorts within a half hour drive)

for utah, i personally would stay around SLC, and hit Snowbasin, Solitude, Brighton, Park City/Canyons, and Snow Bird in that order.  People are gonna be pissed where I ranked Snowbird, but they aren't on snowboards riding bumps.  however, making PC/Canyons your base of operations works well too, cause those 2 resorts are fucking massive. however, i love how all the resorts are like an hour from the airport.  my trip out west this year will probably be a day each at: Snowbasin, Solitude, Brighton, and either Powder Mtn or PC/Canyons

Edited by theprogram4

56 minutes ago, Schif said:

Would Jackson Hole be a little too intense for a first Western Trip? Should I go for something in Utah or Colorado first? 

What have you been snowboarding for 25 years?  I don’t even really think most of Jackson hole is that intense most of what I ski there is on the upper intermediate to advanced side of things which I find a lot more pleasant than skiing at Blue..I’ve only skied a few of the double diamonds at Jackson hole all deserve their rating. Jackson is good because it’s close to the airport, cheap lodging, reasonably priced food and drink...and it snows a lot more than Colorado mid winter.  Honestly and @NMSKI can attest to, I find crossing the streets in Jackson hole to be more challenging than most of the runs. It’s cause they don’t use salt and I’m a dumbass for walking around in adidas.  This year I’m getting those crampons that go over sneakers.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I feel like Salty would freakout on a low visibility day at Jackson hole..and the groomers get beat up pretty fast like by 11. 

true.  i just think how my dad only skis groomers, and constantly says Jackson Hole has the best groomers of anywhere we have ever went.

1 hour ago, Schif said:

Just go...Wyoming/Montana/Utah/Colorado...Where ever.....You will never regret going.....but you will regret not going

Edited by Mixilplix
  • Like 5

I wouldn't go back to Steamboat either, but it was fun going there, as there are a lot of other non-skiing things to see and do. Nice place to go one time, but really not worth returning, IMHO. 

Wife and I enjoyed going up to the Strawberry park hot springs at night. 

The amount of stars you can see from there is unbelievable.

My only regret is not not going to the hot springs when I was there.[mention=1572]phillycore[/mention] was down too. Should've went. Read so many good things about it since that trip. Anyway...Steamboat was fun but don't necessarily see myself going again anytime soon either. Lots of other places that I've yet to visit or want to visit again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

true.  i just think how my dad only skis groomers, and constantly says Jackson Hole has the best groomers of anywhere we have ever went.

Your dad doesn’t care about snow conditions though. Crazy that a groomer guy isn’t about getting first tracks when the groomers are immaculate. 

I enjoyed the shit out of Steamboat and will definitely go back, especially since my skill level wasn't even close to up to their best terrain, even if most of you don't find it that challenging.

Shif, would you board or ski out west? I could be in for a trip if you're worried about having someone for intermediate/sower pace stuff.

Edited by enjoralas

8 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I enjoyed the shit out of Steamboat and will definitely go back, especially since my skill level wasn't even close to up to their best terrain, even if most of you don't find it that challenging.

Shif, would you board or ski out west? I could be in for a trip if you're worried about having someone for intermediate/sower pace stuff.

I hope for Schifs sake he’s on his board out west...maybe ski a little but bringing both setups a bit much. Enjorales you’ve only skied PA and steamboat you don’t have much to compare to.  I’d guess steamboat is ranked in the top 20 Rocky Mountain resorts.  

Ok hit up govole

6E25E598-1EF8-458E-B726-A8094A8AF915.png

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I hope for Schifs sake he’s on his board out west...maybe ski a little but bringing both setups a bit much. Enjorales you’ve only skied PA and steamboat you don’t have much to compare to.  I’d guess steamboat is ranked in the top 20 Rocky Mountain resorts.  

Ok hit up govole

6E25E598-1EF8-458E-B726-A8094A8AF915.png

Has no bearing on what I posted, but thanks for the patronization.

• Like 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It’s impossible to be objective when you have nothing to compare it to. You’d have a great time anywhere in the Rockies. 

No it's not. That's not how objectivity works. You could say my opinion on whether Steamboat is as worth is at other Western resorts is not as informed as yours or others, but its no less objective. It's also not what I said. In fact, I could say your opinion is not objective because you are more advanced than the terrain at Steamboat and so are unable to give it a fair evaluation as a destination for an intermediate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, enjoralas said:

No it's not. That's not how objectivity works. You could say my opinion on whether Steamboat is as worth is at other Western resorts is not as informed as yours or others, but its no less objective. It's also not what I said. In fact, I could say your opinion is not objective because you are more advanced than the terrain at Steamboat and so are unable to give it a fair evaluation as a destination for an intermediate.

I told Salty it’s a good place for him to go. For schifdawg he could go somewhere more legit. 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I told Salty it’s a good place for him to go. For schifdawg he could go somewhere more legit. 

And I didn't tell anyone to go there. I said I enjoyed the shit out of it and will definitely go back, and then you decided you had to shit on my opinion for no reason.

• Like 1