Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Also for the record there is some butt puckering terrain at Steamboat if I recall. The chutes and I believe Christmas tree bowl area are pretty fucking gnarly.

Oh and LOL at those ski mag lists. Not one cottonwood resort. I know... the whole no resort town, lodging BS.

Utah is just meadow skipping.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Also for the record there is some butt puckering terrain at Steamboat if I recall. The chutes and I believe Christmas tree bowl area are pretty fucking gnarly.

Oh and LOL at those ski mag lists. Not one cottonwood resort. I know... the whole no resort town, lodging BS.

Steamboat does have some gnarly stuff, but it's all relatively short...not any long sustained steep pitches.  The tree skiing there is pretty awesome though, and there are some nice runs out of bounds that are easily accessible if you know where to look

Out west I would definitely be on my snowboard. I'm feeling a lot more confident on the skis but I want to really be able to play around out there and explore and the comfort I would feel on a board would help with that. 

11 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I hope for Schifs sake he’s on his board out west...maybe ski a little but bringing both setups a bit much. Enjorales you’ve only skied PA and steamboat you don’t have much to compare to.  I’d guess steamboat is ranked in the top 20 Rocky Mountain resorts.  

Ok hit up govole

6E25E598-1EF8-458E-B726-A8094A8AF915.png

i feel like if you asked 100 skiers what their favorite resort is, not a single one would say deer valley.  i am curious about sun valley though

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

i feel like if you asked 100 skiers what their favorite resort is, not a single one would say deer valley.  i am curious about sun valley though

I think they’re rated on many different attributes and deer valley likely gets top marks on Grooming, Low crowds(they limit ticket sales and food...perhaps even off snow stuff like spas.  

I dont read skiing magazines since I already know everything. 

14 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Sun valley is low elevation and receives one of the lowest average annual snowfalls of any Rocky Mountain resort.  It’s apparently very sunny with great groomers.  

Schifdawg, make sure you get in the best shape you can leading up to the trip.  I always notice it kicks my ass way more when I'm not in my best shape.  Spending $$$ on a trip and then feeling like shit or missing out because you're out of shape sucks big time!  

16 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Schifdawg, make sure you get in the best shape you can leading up to the trip.  I always notice it kicks my ass way more when I'm not in my best shape.  Spending $$$ on a trip and then feeling like shit or missing out because you're out of shape sucks big time!  

Guess I need to get my ass to the gym more often. I did notice my legs don't feel as strong as they did during the ski season when I was at the gym the other day

8 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sun valley is low elevation and receives one of the lowest average annual snowfalls of any Rocky Mountain resort.  It’s apparently very sunny with great groomers.  

One trail from the top has a consistent pitch equivalent to PA black/double black for about 3000 vertical feet.  It is groomed so it was rated a Blue. A big mountain with lots of variety. The history of the resort is cool... the place to Be for the rich and famous movie stars of 40'sand 50's. Warren Miller spent his winters in the parking lots.  But....we did get burned by sketchy conditions both times we were there

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, rummy said:

One trail from the top has a consistent pitch equivalent to PA black/double black for about 3000 vertical feet.  It is groomed so it was rated a Blue. A big mountain with lots of variety. The history of the resort is cool... the place to Be for the rich and famous movie stars of 40'sand 50's. Warren Miller spent his winters in the parking lots.  But....we did get burned by sketchy conditions both times we were there

Did you see Serenade in Sun Valley? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NMSKI said:

And stay super hydrated and avoid excessive alcohol. 

This is exactly why I haven't been out west in a long time.
It's not fun when you're struggling with yourself.
It's fucking awesome when you're not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only regret is not not going to the hot springs when I was there.[mention=1572]phillycore[/mention] was down too. Should've went. Read so many good things about it since that trip. Anyway...Steamboat was fun but don't necessarily see myself going again anytime soon either. Lots of other places that I've yet to visit or want to visit again.  

Strawberry park hot springs is a great place.
I enjoy steamboat a lot.
Than again..... I also enjoy cranking down a wide open paradise more so than just pointing down razors so take it for what it's worth.

• Like 2

This is exactly why I haven't been out west in a long time.
It's not fun when you're struggling with yourself.
It's fucking awesome when you're not.

But maybe it’s more fun having the struggle and getting your ass kicked by the mountain than not doing it at all?

Your welcome to come on any trip with me.
  • Like 1

But maybe it’s more fun having the struggle and getting your ass kicked by the mountain than not doing it at all?

Your welcome to come on any trip with me.

Eventually that may be what has to happen.
I'm still holding out hope that something mentally will click for me and I'll be able do something with myself.
I could get to the point where I just need to make a trip before I won't be able to at all.

I'm fully aware that my time on this planet will not be very long if I can't get my shit together.

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, phillycore said:

I'm still holding out hope that something mentally will click for me and I'll be able do something with myself.
I could get to the point where I just need to make a trip before I won't be able to at all.

I'm fully aware that my time on this planet will not be very long if I can't get my shit together.

I don’t like this.  Let us know if you need help with anything. 

• Like 1

We've been going out West for the past 32 years. We used to be the (almost) first on the mountain, and last off. Now we mosey onto the mountain after a leisurely breakfast, ski a few runs, stop for lunch (accompanied by a bloody), take a few more runs and find a nice spot to watch the scenery walk past, have a beer or two, then go back to the accomodations. Take a shower, have dinner and usually fall asleep in front of the TV...

I've learned;   "Life is not a Race, It's an Adventure"....

• Like 6

1 hour ago, phillycore said:

That’s why I’m trying to lose weight...I turn 40 next month and I’m nervous about future obesity related health problems...I’ve been lucky as fuck thus far but if you play with fire long enough you’re gonna get burned...just got into the 230s for the first time in like a year and a half..haven’t been in the 220s in like 5 years..could be there by July 1.  Doesn’t seem like much but pants I wore with no belt a month ago are sagging halfway down my ass.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s why I’m trying to lose weight...I turn 40 next month and I’m nervous about future obesity related health problems...I’ve been lucky as fuck thus far but if you play with fire long enough you’re gonna get burned...just got into the 230s for the first time in like a year and a half..haven’t been in the 220s in like 5 years..could be there by July 1.  Doesn’t seem like much but pants I wore with no belt a month ago are sagging halfway down my ass.  

You should start biking with Toast and I. There are plenty of trails around if you dont want to ride on the road.

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Good.