Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Thanks Salty

You're welcome and any time. Only 4 months until we can ride the Challenge Express with JFDan, Toast can steal my hat, Atomic and JohnnyLaw can push in my car mirrors, we can shove sausage in our mouths, 7 PASRs can attempt to powerlift my Sonic, and Enjoralas can bake Fruit Roll Up flavored pancakes.

Edited by saltyant

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

You're welcome and any time. Only 4 months until we can ride the Challenge Express with JFDan, Toast can steal my hat, Atomic and JohnnyLaw can push in my car mirrors, we can shove sausage in our mouths, 7 PASRs can attempt to powerlift my Sonic, and Enjoralas can bake Fruit Roll Up flavored pancakes.

8D09BC46-6F99-4553-9660-433C8077D42C.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I’m not going to take too long listing all the places I hope to go this year. The wife and I do want to go out west, so the Epic pass is in the cards. Looks like it will be an even better buy now that I can do a day or two a season at Stowe, Wildcat, Mount Snow, and Okemo. Mount Snow and Okemo are easy to hit on the way home. I would love to get back to Canada after skipping last year, but I really doubt my schedule will allow that.

2 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

I’m not going to take too long listing all the places I hope to go this year. The wife and I do want to go out west, so the Epic pass is in the cards. Looks like it will be an even better buy now that I can do a day or two a season at Stowe, Wildcat, Mount Snow, and Okemo. Mount Snow and Okemo are easy to hit on the way home. I would love to get back to Canada after skipping last year, but I really doubt my schedule will allow that.

Welcome back...sounds like you’re living your best life!!!!  The leaves are already starting to change colors on the north side of tilghman street. 

Oh yeah and as a patroller you can ski most of those places for free. You just need to get a letter from the patrol director. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Welcome back...sounds like you’re living your best life!!!!  The leaves are already starting to change colors on the north side of tilghman street. 

Oh yeah and as a patroller you can ski most of those places for free. You just need to get a letter from the patrol director. 

You’ve been out of the game for awhile now Steeze. Patrollers skiing free with a letter from the PD are largely a thing of the past, especially with the larger mountains. Most of the Vail Resorts are half price at best, and you go through customer service. If you are lucky to have a direct connection with the PD and can pass the the customer service desk, you might score a free pass. Smaller independent resorts still offer that type of reciprocity, but it is harder to find year in and year out.

I often feel like I’m banging my head against a wall with you, as I’m sure others sometimes do as well, but it often takes significant planning to get a letter from the PD and email the visiting PD to arrange for a pass. Most of the letters are form letters, but they do tweak them for date and location to add a little personal touch. Most of the time I decide to go to another mountain, it is a last minute decision based on weather or a whim. That’s hardly conducive for getting a comp ticket, especially if I’m chasing an upslope event. Buying an Epic Pass is probably the difference between me going to different mountains this year, or just riding all season at the Bush.

2 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

You’ve been out of the game for awhile now Steeze. Patrollers skiing free with a letter from the PD are largely a thing of the past, especially with the larger mountains. Most of the Vail Resorts are half price at best, and you go through customer service. If you are lucky to have a direct connection with the PD and can pass the the customer service desk, you might score a free pass. Smaller independent resorts still offer that type of reciprocity, but it is harder to find year in and year out.

I often feel like I’m banging my head against a wall with you, as I’m sure others sometimes do as well, but it often takes significant planning to get a letter from the PD and email the visiting PD to arrange for a pass. Most of the letters are form letters, but they do tweak them for date and location to add a little personal touch. Most of the time I decide to go to another mountain, it is a last minute decision based on weather or a whim. That’s hardly conducive for getting a comp ticket, especially if I’m chasing an upslope event. Buying an Epic Pass is probably the difference between me going to different mountains this year, or just riding all season at the Bush.

TLDR

8 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Best gaper ski on the market. 

I'm out of touch these days. 

Got a pair of last year's Chronics for about five hundo mounted with bindings. Quietly contemplating taking the plunge on a Blue pass as we speak....

• Like 2