Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I forgot about Librider...I think he still snowboards a couple days a season out west. 

He's been getting out west a lot, not so much into the PA scene anymore. I don't blame him, but there is something that I miss about the magic that is blue mountain.

27 minutes ago, Justin said:

He's been getting out west a lot, not so much into the PA scene anymore. I don't blame him, but there is something that I miss about the magic that is blue mountain.

Going a handful of days a year out west isn’t enough for most of us.  None of us would know what to do wirh ourselves in the winter. 

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Going a handful of days a year out west isn’t enough for most of us.  None of us would know what to do wirh ourselves in the winter. 

I agree. I've been getting really depressed in the winter, I don't do much other than work out and spin on the trainer with the occasional bitter cold bike ride. I need to ski just for my mental health alone, I really do miss it. Going out west is nice and all, but with all the money I dump into bike related nonsense I'd prefer to scratch my skiing itch with as little coin as possible. I'd be happy with 15 or so days at blue and a VT trip or two.

Wanted to ski last season, but we were saving for a house...so any and all extra cash, time, and energy went into that. I can comfortably piss off now 1 or 2 days a week to go skiing. I no longer have any excuses.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I forgot about Librider...I think he still snowboards a couple days a season out west. 

Nice I think the blue pass is still around $530

RideDE I miss when you didn’t post for months at a time.  

Yes

Correct 

See how easy this is? 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Justin said:

I agree. I've been getting really depressed in the winter, I don't do much other than work out and spin on the trainer with the occasional bitter cold bike ride. I need to ski just for my mental health alone, I really do miss it. Going out west is nice and all, but with all the money I dump into bike related nonsense I'd prefer to scratch my skiing itch with as little coin as possible. I'd be happy with 15 or so days at blue and a VT trip or two.

Wanted to ski last season, but we were saving for a house...so any and all extra cash, time, and energy went into that. I can comfortably piss off now 1 or 2 days a week to go skiing. I no longer have any excuses.

Yeah and remember you can ski in the morning and do other stuff the rest of the day with the wife. Were you still in high school your last time to blue??

11 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah and remember you can ski in the morning and do other stuff the rest of the day with the wife. Were you still in high school your last time to blue??

The last time I went to Blue to ski was probably 2010 or 2011, I had a pass the winter I was back in PA between living in CO and VT. In the past 5 years I maybe skied 10 days, all either out west or VT trips. I skied Boulder once in that time period. Gonna be interesting for sure, but I'm kinda stoked to actually ski Blue again...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Justin said:

The last time I went to Blue to ski was probably 2010 or 2011, I had a pass the winter I was back in PA between living in CO and VT. In the past 5 years I maybe skied 10 days, all either out west or VT trips. I skied Boulder once in that time period. Gonna be interesting for sure, but I'm kinda stoked to actually ski Blue again...

I’m always happy to ski Blue...usually mid season I start getting burnt out on blue but then tell myself that you gotta enjoy the skiing and commaraderie.  I’m typically not sad when blue closes for the season cause I have a ski trip ahead and look forward to sleeping until like 830 on weekends.  

20 minutes ago, saltyant said:

@GrilledSteezeSandwich Are you excited for the ski season? Will you be at Blue Mountain the True Mountain or are you permanently moving out west? I'm pretty stoked myself and am doing another trip out west, not sure where yet... maybe Copper or Cooper. I wont be skiing Vermont anymore since I have a job.

I’m not spending this ski season in the Rockies but it’s gonna happen in the next few years.  I’m looking forward to ski season but we still have another 3.5+ months until Blue mountain opens.  

39 minutes ago, saltyant said:

@GrilledSteezeSandwich Are you excited for the ski season? Will you be at Blue Mountain the True Mountain or are you permanently moving out west? I'm pretty stoked myself and am doing another trip out west, not sure where yet... maybe Copper or Cooper. I wont be skiing Vermont anymore since I have a job.

Copper is cool.  Cooper is tiny...might be worth a trip there for one day if you're already out there and don't want to burn a ton of money ( I think tickets are usually pretty cheap), but you're probably better off doing Loveland if you want to just save money on lift tickets.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

Copper is cool.  Cooper is tiny...might be worth a trip there for one day if you're already out there and don't want to burn a ton of money ( I think tickets are usually pretty cheap), but you're probably better off doing Loveland if you want to just save money on lift tickets.

Thanks. Probably Copper since I want the big leagues. I went to Loveland last year and it was rad, but I dont think I'd want to ski it more than 1 or 2 days per trip.

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks. Probably Copper since I want the big leagues. I went to Loveland last year and it was rad, but I dont think I'd want to ski it more than 1 or 2 days per trip.

If you're into it....A-basin ditched the Epic pass and went private. I'd expect tickets to become pretty cheap and lines a lot smaller as a result.

1 minute ago, Justin said:

If you're into it....A-basin ditched the Epic pass and went private. I'd expect tickets to become pretty cheap and lines a lot smaller as a result.

Abasin is on the Ikon pass...mid winter it’s not busy on weekdays...I think there’s a lot more terrain Salty can handle at Copper vs Abasin. 

15 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Abasin is on the Ikon pass...mid winter it’s not busy on weekdays...I think there’s a lot more terrain Salty can handle at Copper vs Abasin. 

I like long blue and blue/black groomers and an occasional black with moe ghouls. Sounds like Copper would be optimal.

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I like long blue and blue/black groomers and an occasional black with moe ghouls. Sounds like Copper would be optimal.

I’ll review the map at Copper with you sometime. Timberline area, center village and super bee areas along with a few areas in the alpine would all be good for you. At Abasin you’re mainly stuck on the herb routes as a blue square skier. 

• Thanks 1

Im actually gonna be in New Jersey tomorrow.  debating driving into manhattan for lunch versus taking the train from paramus.  leaning towards driving in and hitting up the lone municipal lot in all of manhattan.  it will be like $20 to park all day, but worried they will be out of spots when i get there