Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

13 hours ago, moe ghoul said:

Just put in an app at Smuggs for a groomer job as well as a few others. May have the inside track for it. Livin' the dream hotboxing til 8AM and skiing thereafter. Stay tuned.

keep us updated.   would be cool as shit to have you posting grooming TR's in real time.  would certainly be a PASR first.  having a job where you have to interact with little to no people sounds incredible

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sheesh you’re getting restless.  When did you last work???  

I can't remember the last time I filled out a W-2. 80's most likely.

6 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

keep us updated.   would be cool as shit to have you posting grooming TR's in real time.  would certainly be a PASR first.  having a job where you have to interact with little to no people sounds incredible

:werdBlasting tunes and  smokin doobies. But i'm getting ahead of myself.

• Like 1

Oh, snap.  :chea:

Good Afternoon Mr. Bxxxxxxx,

I wanted to inform you that I have received your application to the position groomer.  I would like to offer an invitation for interview and informal discussion about the job and your motivations for becoming a groomer.  I am available Thurs this week from 7A-4P and Fri 12A-3P.  The following week of 10/20 I am available Mon-Thurs 7A-4P.  Let me know when you might have availability to come up to Smuggs' for interview.

Best

Grooming Manager

Smugglers' Notch Management Co.

4323 Route 108 South

Smugglers' Notch, VT 05464-9537

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, moe ghoul said:

Oh, snap.  :chea:

Good Afternoon Mr. Bxxxxxxx,

I wanted to inform you that I have received your application to the position groomer.  I would like to offer an invitation for interview and informal discussion about the job and your motivations for becoming a groomer.  I am available Thurs this week from 7A-4P and Fri 12A-3P.  The following week of 10/20 I am available Mon-Thurs 7A-4P.  Let me know when you might have availability to come up to Smuggs' for interview.

Best

Grooming Manager

Smugglers' Notch Management Co.

4323 Route 108 South

Smugglers' Notch, VT 05464-9537

If you need a professional reference @saltyant is your man. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If you need a professional reference @saltyant is your man. 

When I retire I think I'll keep a part time job too. I cant image having nothing to do all day long every day. That's why I got a part time job as a lift attendant in the winter of 2014-2015, just something to do. Then I ended up skiing but they wouldn't let me ski anymore, so I said funk that and now I have something to do in the winter. Ski at True Blue. Hooray.

Edited by saltyant

13 minutes ago, saltyant said:

When I retire I think I'll keep a part time job too. I cant image having nothing to do all day long every day. That's why I got a part time job as a lift attendant in the winter of 2014-2015, just something to do. Then I ended up skiing but they wouldn't let me ski anymore, so I said funk that and now I have something to do in the winter. Ski at True Blue. Hooray.

I’ve always believed you need to have a good balance between work and leisure. If all you do is work you’ll get burnt out and won’t even have a chance to spend your money.  If all you do is have leisure time you’ll get bored and you won’t appreciate it.  I know if I have a long weekend where I go out to dinner a few nights and party rock my wallet hurts and I’m happy to go back to work and earn more money and have a few cheap days where I only spend a few bucks.  If I didn’t have to work I better have  a lot of money..I don’t know how much maybe like 2.35 million. When I was like 25 I used to help out with delivery guys wife’s catering company on weekends.  There were times she needed me Friday night and Saturday night..it was like wow instead of spending $50 each night on food and drink I get paid $100+ and get to take home a prime rib or something..so working those two nights I’m up $300...do that 30 weeks a year that’s an extra $10k and it was 15 years ago so more in today’s dollars. Fuck it’s a hell of a lot easier to spend an extra $100 than make an extra hundred.  So for me work is only to make money but if I’m not working I better have plenty of money..enough money is fine when you have a paycheck every other Thursday but when there’s no paycheck that shit makes me nervous.  It’s what keeps me from telling customers to fuck off and only roll my eyes occasionally. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 10/16/2019 at 7:50 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ve always believed you need to have a good balance between work and leisure. If all you do is work you’ll get burnt out and won’t even have a chance to spend your money.  If all you do is have leisure time you’ll get bored and you won’t appreciate it.  I know if I have a long weekend where I go out to dinner a few nights and party rock my wallet hurts and I’m happy to go back to work and earn more money and have a few cheap days where I only spend a few bucks.  If I didn’t have to work I better have  a lot of money..I don’t know how much maybe like 2.35 million. When I was like 25 I used to help out with delivery guys wife’s catering company on weekends.  There were times she needed me Friday night and Saturday night..it was like wow instead of spending $50 each night on food and drink I get paid $100+ and get to take home a prime rib or something..so working those two nights I’m up $300...do that 30 weeks a year that’s an extra $10k and it was 15 years ago so more in today’s dollars. Fuck it’s a hell of a lot easier to spend an extra $100 than make an extra hundred.  So for me work is only to make money but if I’m not working I better have plenty of money..enough money is fine when you have a paycheck every other Thursday but when there’s no paycheck that shit makes me nervous.  It’s what keeps me from telling customers to fuck off and only roll my eyes occasionally. 

We can cash in some of our vacation time every year if we want to. I never do because I would rather have the time off. 

giphy.gif
Seriously.....im ok if i never go to that again.  its just so fucking crowded.  

As you know I've gotten some really good deals there though. To your point...gotta pay for it though by getting there early and waiting in those lines. Only things I need/ want are gloves and maybe googles so I'll probably skip it this year. Wondering though if I can donate my prophets. I don't see myself skiing on them anymore.

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

As you know I've gotten some really good deals there though. To your point...gotta pay for it though by getting there early and waiting in those lines. Only things I need/ want are gloves and maybe googles so I'll probably skip it this year. Wondering though if I can donate my prophets. I don't see myself skiing on them anymore.

Wasn’t blue giving some sort of a credit for donating old skis??  

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wasn’t blue giving some sort of a credit for donating old skis??  

When i bought my last pair, they would give you some type of credit for a pair of skis without non indemnified bindings on them.  not sure if thats the case anymore, but i think it just applied to purchasing skis.  

Im pretty sure you can put your shit in their sale though.  

If anyone goes to Blue for the tent sale, go crazy early, and anticipate standing in a line to get in, and then a crazy long line to get checked out.  Good deals to be had surrounded by standing in lots of lines.  

giphy.gif

Just now, JFskiDan said:

When i bought my last pair, they would give you some type of credit for a pair of skis without non indemnified bindings on them.  not sure if thats the case anymore, but i think it just applied to purchasing skis.  

Im pretty sure you can put your shit in their sale though.  

If anyone goes to Blue for the tent sale, go crazy early, and anticipate standing in a line to get in, and then a crazy long line to get checked out.  Good deals to be had surrounded by standing in lots of lines.  

giphy.gif

JFDan you would probably like Sebastian Maniscalco comedy.  It involves issues of etiquette and what not...like people paying by check at the supermarket. 

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

JFDan you would probably like Sebastian Maniscalco comedy.  It involves issues of etiquette and what not...like people paying by check at the supermarket. 

Dont get me started with people paying by check at a grocery store.  Or people that feel the need to search every pocket, purse, etc to find the 47 cents to make exact change.  This is why 90% of my shopping is done online.  I have recently begun purchasing the non perishable grocery items from Amazon.  If anybody needs coffee, deodorant, or shampoo, let me know.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Dont get me started with people paying by check at a grocery store.  Or people that feel the need to search every pocket, purse, etc to find the 47 cents to make exact change.  This is why 90% of my shopping is done online.  I have recently begun purchasing the non perishable grocery items from Amazon.  If anybody needs coffee, deodorant, or shampoo, let me know.  

Lady was searching for 33 cents the other morning at Wawa at 7am with a huge line behind her. Guy directly behind her (in front of me) took out a dollar bill and goes “don’t worry, I’ve got it”. The cashier was doing his best not to laugh. 

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

I like self checkout...

26 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I like self checkout...

i love self checkout.  But then again, you have these people that abuse it by taking a cart full of groceries in it.  

Alot of people frown on self checkout as its basically a way for the store to get you to work for them.  I'm totally fine with it if it gets me out of the store quicker.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

i love self checkout.  But then again, you have these people that abuse it by taking a cart full of groceries in it.  

Alot of people frown on self checkout as its basically a way for the store to get you to work for them.  I'm totally fine with it if it gets me out of the store quicker.  

I thought people frown on self checkout because it eliminates jobs...part of automation.  Usually there’s somebody working 4-6 self checkouts constantly assisting people who don’t know how to use them.