Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

1 - They destroyed the 2017 and want to give it another go.

I seem to recall a broken down Groomer in the lower park last year that was spewing hydraulic fluid which created a lovely little river which you could smell from dozens of yards away. 

12 minutes ago, Schif said:

I seem to recall a broken down Groomer in the lower park last year that was spewing hydraulic fluid which created a lovely little river which you could smell from dozens of yards away. 

I don’t even want to commit a capital crime with these skiing detectives on the case 

9 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Do you have "insider info" on that, or is it just from that tweet?  I actually read that differently, it says "check out the new groomer, and some additions to the park", 

Pops said that someone came into the counter at work last week and somehow they started talking skiing. The guy asked where he skiied and when Pops said Blue, the dude said he was a groomer there, that he groomed the park and that "They just bought me a new groomer." Only a little more reliable than the Dippin Dots guy.

Forget the groomer I just want them to follow through on the stuff that they've advertised for ages. "Coming soon" should have a name, snowmaking capabilities and lights by now. Instead they're calling it as a natural snow trail (lol). They advertised condos years ago...where are they? The base Lodge is still a series of tents. The lower lot will be a minefield of potholes by the middle of December. Groundhog day.

I know this all sounds stupid but I want Blue to be the best, f'ing classiest area around...not get lapped by Camelback in terms of looks and improvements. Not hating at all...comes from a place of love ...haha.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Forget the groomer I just want them to follow through on the stuff that they've advertised for ages. "Coming soon" should have a name, snowmaking capabilities and lights by now. Instead they're calling it as a natural snow trail (lol). They advertised condos years ago...where are they? The base Lodge is still a series of tents. The lower lot will be a minefield of potholes by the middle of December. Groundhog day.

I know this all sounds stupid but I want Blue to be the best, f'ing classiest area around...not get lapped by Camelback in terms of looks and improvements. Not hating at all...comes from a place of love ...haha.

I just heard they are opening a massage parlor in the Valley where the ski shop was, and new carpeting in the cafeteria for a more Vail-like experience.  

51 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

i go into every season assuming BB will be open the second weekend of november.  that means my season starts in 2.5 weeks.  hooray!

It should be interesting to see how closely they follow their ways of the past now that they are "epic".  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I just heard they are opening a massage parlor in the Valley where the ski shop was, and new carpeting in the cafeteria for a more Vail-like experience.  

It should be interesting to see how closely they follow their ways of the past now that they are "epic".  

Did that sale go thru? I was under the impression a shareholder lawsuit was holding it up.

i could see vail not caring about opening BB that early 

• Like 1

Just now, theprogram4 said:

Did that sale go thru? I was under the impression a shareholder lawsuit was holding it up.

i could see vail not caring about opening BB that early 

It did go through, it seems that lawsuit went away as quick as it popped up.  They are officially Epic.  

Unless opening that early is deemed wildly costly by Vail, i would tend to agree, i mean, they need to make snow when it gets cold.  If they would skip making snow in like a cold - warm - cold pattern for more of a sustained cold pattern, then maybe that reflects an influence from the front office.   I think there really wont be many changes to normal operations this year.  I also think Vail wont be stopping by with the big bag of cash for upgrades that folks think will happen.  Peak was purchased for the sole purpose of adding people to the Epic pass. 

Like i said, it will be interesting to follow along.   

• Like 2

Looks like skiing and snowboarding will start sometime late this weekend or middle of next week for the northeast. Decent temps Friday night in VT, but lots of wind. Marginal snowmaking temps at best during the day at elevation. Warms up Monday/Tuesday, with snowmaking temperatures returning in earnest sometime Wednesday night. Around the clock snowmaking at elevation starting a week from today. My guess is that Killington/Sunday River open next Thursday at 2 PM or Friday at 8:30/9.

There is an outside chance I’ll be up in VT for an extended weekend the weekend of the 9th/10th, so maybe I can get a day in before I head back home. That is all work dependent as usual nowadays. I did snag the Epic Pass this year, so that may also give me an outside shot of t2b runs at Wildcat or Mount Snow if the temps hold and Vail lets them continue to be aggressive. I also wouldn’t mind another cheap opening day at Brenton Woods.

Plans set, heading up to RMNP for my first ski day of the season tomorrow. So freaking psyched!!!

My legs and cardio are garbage right now from being out of commission for 6 weeks w the boot. Should be an interesting skin up. Will most certainly post a TR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Barb said:

Plans set, heading up to RMNP for my first ski day of the season tomorrow. So freaking psyched!!!

My legs and cardio are garbage right now from being out of commission for 6 weeks w the boot. Should be an interesting skin up. Will most certainly post a TR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow you could have some Perder for your first day..enjoy!!!

• Love 1