Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

fb342ba465ec8cbc1ebb6744da59c1cb.jpg

Had a late morning PT appt so couldn’t get up to Eldora for opening as I usually do. The canyon has been under construction for a long while and is supposed to continue until next summer. Mon-Thurs full closure 10-2. Friday’s it’s open so I didn’t think anything about delays. 4 different flag men stops and it took me an extra 40 min to get there. Snow was in bad shape lots of wind and no additional snow had the trails that were opened all scoured and ice.

Ended up only doing 4 runs since it was so crappy. I am almost sorry I got the Ikon Pass since I mostly got it for Eldora. But dealing with that canyon construction is a real pain in the ass. Once Mary Jane opens I may start going up there more since it would only take an extra 30 min from my new Eldora commute time. Looks dry here for a while. We need a freshening up of snow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Afternoon skin. Went to the top of Madonna II lift. Ugly enough that I skied about 300 yards hitting bottom about 25% of the time, next 100 or so was link 2 turns, side step for a bit, repeat. Last 100 or so I toted the skis down. If I was 130 lbs or if the trails were golf course fairways, it was skiable to the bottom of Madonna I lift. Legs felt great, lungs pretty good. I'm burning the Cochise's. Diagnosis: terminal slop.

IMG_6793.jpg

IMG_6796.jpg

LBCN4364.jpg

UTJY4993.jpg

• Like 9

Production looks pretty good at BB from the webcams right now, but until we can see the mini whale backs in the morning, who knows how much they really produced. At least they already had a couple inches down cooling the surface so everything tonight should have been a net gain.

It looks like tomorrow is a repeat of today with a loss of temps midday followed by much more marginal snowmaking temps tomorrow night. I still think they get it done tomorrow, but they didn’t announce the opening “later today,” so that tells me that they still aren’t sure themselves...

8 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Production looks pretty good at BB from the webcams right now, but until we can see the mini whale backs in the morning, who knows how much they really produced. At least they already had a couple inches down cooling the surface so everything tonight should have been a net gain.

It looks like tomorrow is a repeat of today with a loss of temps midday followed by much more marginal snowmaking temps tomorrow night. I still think they get it done tomorrow, but they didn’t announce the opening “later today,” so that tells me that they still aren’t sure themselves...

Muchas Gracias El Capitana Obvio

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich