Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

25 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Expect the girls and I will start our season on the 22nd/23rd - probably at Hunter unless BB is TTB  - since Joy and I are going to Key West from the 16th to 20th

Nice have fun in Key West and welcome back Ski2Live...I’m sure a few PASRs will offer up their buddy passes to you.  Not me..mine is going to Root. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

i thought he was joking.  he really didnt get a pass to blue? i thought i remember him talking about getting one that day we all rode camelback

No he didn’t because he’s a new father but he’s already talking about buying a pass for the following season.  

Not looking like we will be heading there tomorrow at this point... no announcement yet. I've heard rumors of next Friday, but those are just rumors. 

That sounds like it’s about the status quot right now for Vail. Mount Snow, Wildcat, and Hunter have all announced its likely next weekend for them as well. Okemo and Stowe waiting until the 23rd...

2 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

That sounds like it’s about the status quot right now for Vail. Mount Snow, Wildcat, and Hunter have all announced its likely next weekend for them as well. Okemo and Stowe waiting until the 23rd...

RideDE why do you care so much if you’re not even gonna be there??

On 6/17/2019 at 10:14 PM, enjoralas said:

I enjoyed the shit out of Steamboat and will definitely go back, especially since my skill level wasn't even close to up to their best terrain, even if most of you don't find it that challenging.

I'm sold on going to Steamboat this year. It sounds ideal - lots of intermediate runs, wide open slopes, dry fluffy powder, and a cool looking town. I'm not looking for extremely challenging terrain, just mellow blue runs with excellent conditions. 

Looking at the week of 2/24 if you're still going.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm sold on going to Steamboat this year. It sounds ideal - lots of intermediate runs, wide open slopes, dry fluffy powder, and a cool looking town. I'm not looking for extremely challenging terrain, just mellow blue runs with excellent conditions. 

Looking at the week of 2/24 if you're still going.

TFTI

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Are you flying into Denver or Hayden?

I found a nonstop from Nork to Hayden, and then on the way back one stop in Denver or Dulles. This way I can just take a shuttle and not rent a car, and hopefully find a reasonably priced condo not far from the lift. Rental cars are so damn expensive this year. I spent $250 last year, this year everything's $400+.

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

I found a nonstop from Nork to Hayden, and then on the way back one stop in Denver or Dulles. This way I can just take a shuttle and not rent a car, and hopefully find a reasonably priced condo not far from the lift. Rental cars are so damn expensive this year. I spent $250 last year, this year everything's $400+.

Well it’s later in the winter I believe.  Late February is more crowded and expensive than early February. 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Well it’s later in the winter I believe.  Late February is more crowded and expensive than early February. 

Oh. Well maybe I'll have to rethink my date range. I refuse to go on MLK and Presidents Day weeks, but the other weeks in between dont really work well for me based on my work schedule. TFTI

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Oh. Well maybe I'll have to rethink my date range. I refuse to go on MLK and Presidents Day weeks, but the other weeks in between dont really work well for me based on my work schedule. TFTI

But Steamboat is far enough off the beaten path that it never gets that crowded..sort of like Aspen.