Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow just wow. 

I just had an emotional rollercoaster because you said it's not crowded, then one nanosecond later Tp4 said it gets just as crowded as hell.  I don't want to ski in hell.

I tried to quote both of you but since each is on a separate page it was way too complicated to figure out.

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I just had an emotional rollercoaster because you said it's not crowded, then one nanosecond later Tp4 said it gets just as crowded as hell.  I don't want to ski in hell.

I tried to quote both of you but since each is on a separate page it was way too complicated to figure out.

I think TP4 was there during spring break. 

I don't think Steamboat gets crowded at all, especially compared to the major Vail resorts. Obviously there is a bit of a confined effect during peak times, since there is nowhere else closeby really for tourists to spill over into, so when the town is full the mountain is full. Plenty of terrain to disappear into though. Up there with Telluride and Crusty Butt.

If you want to see crowded, go to Breck on a weekend after 10am.

Edited by Justin
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Justin said:

I don't think Steamboat gets crowded at all, especially compared to the major Vail resorts. Obviously there is a bit of a confined effect during peak times, since there is nowhere else closeby really for tourists to spill over into, so when the town is full the mountain is full. Plenty of terrain to disappear into though. Up there with Telluride and Crusty Butt.

Thanks. On every trip I've been on so far it has never been crowded, except on powder days in the morning for like an hour. I always go Monday through Thursday, and sometimes stay til Friday.

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks. On every trip I've been on so far it has never been crowded, except on powder days in the morning for like an hour. I always go Monday through Thursday, and sometimes stay til Friday.

It's dat champagne powder everyone is chasing...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Is that in March? I never did spring breaking. I likely wouldnt go anywhere in March due to higher temps and increased chance of rain.

Yeah spring break is March.  Every week from late January onward gets slightly busier than the previous one until mid-late March then things empty out.  

45 minutes ago, saltyant said:

When I read that somewhere this morning I decided on Steamboat. I'm really big on snow conditions and not on terrain. What a great marketing gimmick.

Conditions vary from week to week day to day and hour to hour.  Steamboat has a nice pod off to the left that has some mad river glen esque natural terrain.   I only skied steamboat for two days in early April 2014...you can handle most of the single blacks there’s.  It’s not a very tough mountain. Upper right is a whole pod of light blue trails and one block called Huervos Rancheros lol

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Conditions vary from week to week day to day and hour to hour.  Steamboat has a nice pod off to the left that has some mad river glen esque natural terrain.   I only skied steamboat for two days in early April 2014...you can handle most of the single blacks there’s.  It’s not a very tough mountain. Upper right is a whole pod of light blue trails and one block called Huervos Rancheros lol

That's sounds great! My objective is to get a deep powder day, or at least below freezing temps, on my annual ski trips. The last 3 at Killington, Stowe and Colorado were epic. But it's all luck like picking the winning lottery numbers.

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

That's sounds great! My objective is to get a deep powder day, or at least below freezing temps, on my annual ski trips. The last 3 at Killington, Stowe and Colorado were epic. But it's all luck like picking the winning lottery numbers.

It sure is luck.  Jackson hole started off great with 42” of snow and now it’s warm and dry there but just a couple good storms and all could change.  

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It sure is luck.  Jackson hole started off great with 42” of snow and now it’s warm and dry there but just a couple good storms and all could change.  

You'll like this. Back when I was a noob, I stayed inside the hotel on a powder day at Killington because it was too far to drive in the snow on shitty tires I had at the time - I was staying in Rutland. Lololol.

Edited by saltyant

26 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Appears Friday is the day. 

34327D40-8F1B-4B8C-9D6D-33752BBBF561.png

They are opening Friday so Blue doesnt attemp to open with Vista, and take the crown.  

Usually this would be "boulder gives back" as well.  Not that that is still not in the cards though.  

Edited by JFskiDan