Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

51 minutes ago, Justin said:

welp, looks like im a few minutes behind the 8 ball.

I'll see you fools Saturday bright and early.

Will likely be my latest weekend start all season. I’ll still prob get there around 8 and maybe dilly dally into lodge and see if pass works.  Last time they said that I have to see if it works at the scanners.  Ok now need to gather my ski stuff and buy 12 pack of perpetual. 

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Congrats do you have a resume. 

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!! I showed him my biz cards, a letter from a Houlihan's VP after he got a raving customer review about my service, some newspaper articles about opening my bar, and a picture of me in the Inky food section bartending in 1986.

Addit: Pic from 1986 Inky at the same bar I bought 22 years later.

IMG_6803.jpg

Edited by moe ghoul
5 minutes of fame
  • Like 2

I’ll post a pic here from the MRV shortly. I’m on my way back to DE after a morning session at Killington. There’s not supposed to be a changeover here at Sugarbush, but Killington is south of the full snow line, so tomorrow AM conditions will be a tossup.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

I’ll post a pic here from the MRV shortly. I’m on my way back to DE after a morning session at Killington. There’s not supposed to be a changeover here at Sugarbush, but Killington is south of the full snow line, so tomorrow AM conditions will be a tossup.

Way to get after it!!!  Are you coming to Blue this weekend?

40 minutes ago, moe ghoul said:

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!! I showed him my biz cards, a letter from a Houlihan's VP after he got a raving customer review about my service, some newspaper articles about opening my bar, and a picture of me in the Inky food section bartending in 1986.

Addit: Pic from 1986 Inky at the same bar I bought 22 years later.

IMG_6803.jpg

Wow is that you wearing bow tie?  You look the same. 

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Camelback said a few days ago they’re start Tuesday night. 

Not exactly in a hurry. I would love to see camelback's books. Clearly they are not rushing to spend a bunch of money on making snow when they can cash in on all the indoor stuff they have going on now. 

8 minutes ago, Schif said:

Not exactly in a hurry. I would love to see camelback's books. Clearly they are not rushing to spend a bunch of money on making snow when they can cash in on all the indoor stuff they have going on now. 

They’re more about a late closing than an early opening. @poconoceancity said a few years ago that social media has made for earlier openings. I agree with that.  Back pre Internet I had to call Blue mountains snow phone everyday to find out about when they’d open. 1-800-235-2226..montage was 1-800-got snow and hunter was 1-800-for snow. The weather channel also would show snow reports..very basic..base depth..runs open and primary surface conditions and lifts open.  

• Like 1