Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

Just booked my flight to Steamboat, 2/23 to 2/28. They inflated the price by $40 since yesterday so I decided to jump all over it. All comparable flights are more expensive and have 1 stop. I read if they lower the fare I can call United customer support and they'll send me a gift card. @GrilledSteezeSandwich This is tubular!

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Just booked my flight to Steamboat, 2/23 to 2/28. They inflated the price by $40 since yesterday so I decided to jump all over it. All comparable flights are more expensive and have 1 stop. I read if they lower the fare I can call United customer support and they'll send me a gift card. @GrilledSteezeSandwich This is tubular!

Sounds radical. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Awesome who else is going?

Edited by toast21602

3 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

It would be nice to have other people to go with. Is that for real or are you just being fucking stupid like usual? 

Absolutely not being stupid. Enjoralas said he might go. We were discussing it right next to you on Sunday. I never post anything stupid.

Edited by saltyant

9 hours ago, saltyant said:

Be sure to get up to Strawberry Park hot springs, preferably on a clear night to see more stars than you thought imaginable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Obviously a ski trip with friends is tough to beat but solo ski trips aren't the worst thing in the world either.

Saltman if you hike to the top to ski the bowl (above morningside??) be sure it's not sunbaked first. Looks can be deceiving.

I love solo trips, snowboard or non snowboard related. Do what you want, when you want and how you want. 

42 minutes ago, antman12 said:

I love solo trips, snowboard or non snowboard related. Do what you want, when you want and how you want. 

Solo trips are great. I’ve done plenty, just not skiing related. I would be much better served to have someone with me for the terrain I prefer to ski for safety reasons. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Solo trips are great. I’ve done plenty, just not skiing related. I would be much better served to have someone with me for the terrain I prefer to ski for safety reasons. 

I don't ski glades alone because a minor injury can quickly turn fatal if no one else skis by. That's why I stick to groomed runs with other people around. I told Enjoralas that if he comes to Steamboat we can ski some glades.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Not much to add other than this is a great point.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I don't ski glades alone because a minor injury can quickly turn fatal if no one else skis by. That's why I stick to groomed runs with other people around. I told Enjoralas that if he comes to Steamboat we can ski some glades.

I had a binding break on me one time skiing trees solo at stowe in dick deep powder. Spent about an hour looking for my ski, couldn't clip back in, spent another 2 hours or so wading through dick to chest deep snow of varying densities back to any sort of trail since skiing tight, steep trees with one ski wasn't gonna work. When I finally found my way out of the woods, the only option to get back on the trail was to jump down a 10ft or so cliff, or else turn around and keep fumbling through the woods to find a better exit, so I jumped. I legit thought I was going to die out there, since I got stuck around noon and would lose sunlight.

I would have been seriously pissed if I died skiing VT.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Justin said:

I had a binding break on me one time skiing trees solo at stowe in dick deep powder. Spent about an hour looking for my ski, couldn't clip back in, spent another 2 hours or so wading through dick to chest deep snow of varying densities back to any sort of trail since skiing tight, steep trees with one ski wasn't gonna work. When I finally found my way out of the woods, the only option to get back on the trail was to jump down a 10ft or so cliff, or else turn around and keep fumbling through the woods to find a better exit, so I jumped. I legit thought I was going to die out there, since I got stuck around noon and would lose sunlight.

If you would have died I don’t think you would get the opportunity to be pissed. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Justin said:

Gotta keep the stockholders happy. They probably brought in an efficiency expert like in Office Space.  I can understand businesses that operate in today’s clinae have to be lean and efficient. 

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I can understand businesses that operate in today’s clinae have to be lean and efficient. 

True, and i am sure with all of Vails properties, and 17 new properties, there are positions that are now overlapping.  

4 hours ago, Justin said:

Had a friend fall into a tree well at Jay and he was even skiing with a companion.

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

I'm going to start bringing the whistle I bought for hiking.

I always have a whistle in my jacket pocket, even if I'm skiing w/ friend(s).

• Thanks 1