Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

4 hours ago, Justin said:

I had a binding break on me one time skiing trees solo at stowe in dick deep powder. Spent about an hour looking for my ski, couldn't clip back in, spent another 2 hours or so wading through dick to chest deep snow of varying densities back to any sort of trail since skiing tight, steep trees with one ski wasn't gonna work. When I finally found my way out of the woods, the only option to get back on the trail was to jump down a 10ft or so cliff, or else turn around and keep fumbling through the woods to find a better exit, so I jumped. I legit thought I was going to die out there, since I got stuck around noon and would lose sunlight.

I would have been seriously pissed if I died skiing VT.

Did you have a cell phone on you?  I never ski with my phone at blue unless I’m doing a real time report but on ski trips I do. They actually say you should ski woods in groups of three...if one person were to get hurt then somebody can stay with the injured skier while the other person gets help.  Tree wells are pretty scary. Matt Stunts dad died at Steamboat from getting stuck in a tree well. Even this last season at Jackson hole I got pulled into one just off the side of the trail to take a piss...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did you have a cell phone on you?  I never ski with my phone at blue unless I’m doing a real time report but on ski trips I do. They actually say you should ski woods in groups of three...if one person were to get hurt then somebody can stay with the injured skier while the other person gets help.  Tree wells are pretty scary. Matt Stunts dad died at Steamboat from getting stuck in a tree well. Even this last season at Jackson hole I got pulled into one just off the side of the trail to take a piss...

Cell phones don’t work in a lot of places. And you don’t have to be that far out in the sticks. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Anybody know the youngest resort? Like, are there any resorts that are say, less than 20 years old?

Just wondering aloud. 

Revelstoke in BC is pretty new I think.  I'm sure there are others, but that's off the top of my head.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Revelstoke in BC is pretty new I think.  I'm sure there are others, but that's off the top of my head.

My man NM! Hope you had a good summer. 

Btw, went and saw Dr Roman...pretty sure he got shut down a week after my visit. Lol

Edited by antman12
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, antman12 said:

My man NM! Hope you had a good summer. 

Btw, went and saw Dr Roman...pretty sure he got shut down a week after my visit. Lol

Lol!  I went for my renewal after the whole thing happened, and he's still open but Dr. Roman just does administrative stuff and there's a couple other doctors that do the assessment.  Wasn't a problem at all like I thought it would be.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, antman12 said:

Anybody know the youngest resort? Like, are there any resorts that are say, less than 20 years old?

Just wondering aloud. 

First of all here’s info on the new resort north of Whistler. 

https://snowbrains.com/north-americas-newest-ski-resort-offer-year-round-skiing-largest-vertical/

And here’s a thread on newest ski resorts in America .  

Cherry Peak in Utah with 1265 vertical feet opened in 2015  

Tamarack in Idaho 2004

Silverton Colorado 2002..

mount Bohemia in Michigan 2000

also revelatoke opened in 2007

https://blog.liftopia.com/newest-ski-areas-in-us/

Here in PA Whitetail opened in the early 90s.  

• Thanks 3