Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

It was indeed remarkable to find a powder covered slope at Hunter. That is why I remarked, and why I skied it 7 times in a row. Helped that it was an unannounced season opening of an ungroomed trail that has gotten over 3 feet of natural snow in the last 2 weeks on top of a snow making assist.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

It was indeed remarkable to find a powder covered slope at Hunter. That is why I remarked, and why I skied it 7 times in a row. Helped that it was an unannounced season opening of an ungroomed trail that has gotten over 3 feet of natural snow in the last 2 weeks on top of a snow making assist.

I think you may be mistaken...powder looks like this...

IMG_2976.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hunter Mtn is not new England

Jackson is not Utah

perder is perder wherever you are = new natural snow to us in PA (regardless of density, subject to local interpretation) 4" of cement is still a powder day to us peeyayans (including nj)

gunpow can be fun and have similar attributes to perder but is NOT perder'

Did Hunter have new natural snow?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

52 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

Hunter Mtn is not new England

Jackson is not Utah

perder is perder wherever you are = new natural snow to us in PA (regardless of density, subject to local interpretation) 4" of cement is still a powder day to us peeyayans (including nj)

gunpow can be fun and have similar attributes to perder but is NOT perder'

Did Hunter have new natural snow?

Yes. I sang about it yesterday, Michael. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

That sucks...In the article it said he had a helmet but was not wearing it at the time..Unclear weather it would have made the outcome different but WTF...Why wouldn't you be wearing it?

Just now, Mixilplix said:

That sucks...In the article it said he had a helmet but was not wearing it at the time..Unclear weather it would have made the outcome different but WTF...Why wouldn't you be wearing it?

Only thing I can think of is rental equipment and helmet rental on file, but not on when the incident occurred and sp showed up. 

Did Mt. Snow on Wed and Okemo on Thurs. Conditions at Okemo were great. Mt. Snow not so much. Only a couple trails (Ridge, Long John and double black Rip Cord) had a surface to sink ones skis in. The rest were hard pack and/or icy. 

Likely going back to Okemo with kids next week rather than going to Northern NH, as it seems the snow coverage is less good up there. Could still give Crotched or Sunnapee a try one of the days too. 

2 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

I would expect conditions to be nothing short of epic. That's a bummer.

Hunter had the Epic conditions on Lower K27 last weekend, as noted above. More natural snow in Catskills than in New England (or PA, of course) this year.

• Love 1

On 12/27/2019 at 1:18 PM, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Hunter had the Epic conditions on Lower K27 last weekend, as noted above. More natural snow in Catskills than in New England (or PA, of course) this year.

That sounds fantastic!!!

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

Frost has been OK. The quad still isn’t running, so that’s been an inconvenience. However it’s keeping challenge empty with good conditions all day. From what I can see $0 in improvements have been made this season. I’ve been riding in the morning and drinking in the afternoon, so it’s all good.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

From what I can see $0 in improvements have been made this season. 

giphy.gif

you cant see it, but i have my surprised face on.  And i'm kidding when i say that.  Big Boulder has 1/2 of the trails open as of today.  That is probably indicative of Vails commitment to the 5 PA resorts.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

Frost has been OK. The quad still isn’t running, so that’s been an inconvenience. However it’s keeping challenge empty with good conditions all day. From what I can see $0 in improvements have been made this season. I’ve been riding in the morning and drinking in the afternoon, so it’s all good.

Ski you at Blue next year. 

• Like 2